动词过去式:repaired 过去分词:repaired 现在分词:repairing 第三人称单数:repairs 副词:repairably 形容词:repairable 名词:repairability
1 restore (sth damaged or badly worn) to good condition 修理或修补（某物）
*repair a road, puncture, watch, shirt 修路、补洞、修表、补衬衣.
2 put right or make amends for (sth); remedy 纠正或修正（某事物）; 补救
*repair an error, omission, etc 修正错误、弥补疏漏
* repair a broken marriage使破裂的夫妻关系和好
* Can the damage done to international relations be repaired? 国际关系受到的损害还能够弥补吗? Cf 参看 fix1 4, mend 1.
1 [U] restoring or being restored to good condition 修理; 修补
*a road under repair 维修中的道路
* The vase was (damaged) beyond repair, ie could not be repaired. 这个花瓶已（破得）不能修复了.
* [attrib 作定语] a bike repair shop 自行车修配店.
2 [C usu pl 通常作复数] ~ (to sth) act or result of repairing 修理; 修补
*The shop is closed for repairs, ie while repair work is being done. 该店停止营业进行整修.
* Heel repairs while you wait, eg in a shoe shop. 修理鞋後跟, 当时修好.
3 (idm 习语) in good, bad, etc re`pair; in a good, bad, etc state of re`pair in good, bad, etc condition 维修良好、失修
*keep a car in good repair 对汽车善为保养
* The house is in a shocking state of repair. 这所房子亟须维修.
v [Ipr] ~ to... (fml or rhet 文或修辞) visit, esp frequently or in large numbers 去, 赴（尤指经常地或成群地）
*repair to seaside resorts in the summer 经常前往海滨胜地避暑
* Let's repair to the pub. 咱们大夥上酒馆去吧.
1. But a watch could never repair itself----it does not consist of living parts, only of metal, which wears away by friction. 但是，手表决不会自行修理，它不是由有生命的部件组成，而是由金属组成，而金属可以随着磨擦而磨损殆尽。
2. Buried somewhere in deep grass there is a rusting lawn mower which I have promised to repair one day. 深草丛中的某个地方有一台正在生锈的割草机，那就是我曾答应某日要修理的割草机。
3. By the time Ben was tired out, Tom had traded the next chance to Billy Fisher for a kite in good repair; and when he played out, Johnny Miller bought in for a dead rat and a string to swing it with; and so on, and so on, hour after hour. 等到本累垮了，汤姆早已把粉刷权转让给比利·费希尔，换来一只完好的风筝。比利·费希尔干不下去了，约翰尼·米勒把粉刷权买了下来，代价是一只死耗子，和一条甩着玩的绳子。于是买主一个接着一个地来了，时间也一小时又一小时地过去了。
4. We could, at one time, repair ourselves----well enough, at least, to overcome all but the most instantly fatal illnesses and accidents. 而我们人，在一定时间内是可以自行修复的，除了暴病死或意外事故外，至少足以克服一切疾病和事故。
5. Well, they´re trying to repair it, sir. 啊，他们正设法修呢，先生。
6. The process of recuperation and repair begins. 恢复和修整的过程开始了。
7. There is a hole in my shoe--can you repair it? 我这只鞋有个洞--你能给修理吗？
8. Then the medical worker called the wheelchair repair companies to get the cheapest bid. 然后打电话给各家轮椅维修公司，拿到最低的报价。
9. NASA is now going to put the telescope right, so it will soon be sending up four astronauts to repair it. 国家航天局准备纠正这一错误，为此将把4名宇航员送入太空修复望远镜。
10. ´I´m trying to repair the bell,´ answered Bill. "我想把这口钟修好，"比尔回答说。