1 (usu sing 通常作单数) ~ (for sth/doing sth) natural skill (at sth); liking or inclination (for sth/doing sth) （对某事物的）特长; （对某事物[做某事]的）爱好, 嗜好
*She has a (natural) bent for music. 她（生性）爱好音乐.
* He is of a studious bent. 他天生好学.
2 (idm 习语) follow one's bent => follow.
1. Bits of broken glass, lengths of string, a key to a door long since decayed away, a rusty knife-blade, old shoes saved for a road that never was and never will be, a nail bent under the weight of things too heavy for any nail, a dried flower or two s 碎玻璃块；小线头儿；一扇早已朽败的门上的钥匙；一把锈蚀的刀；一双为某条从来没有、将来也不会有的路而准备的旧鞋；一颗弯折的钉，它所承受过的重量足以弄折任何钉子；一两支干花，仍散发出几许花香。
2. He bent the iron bar as if it had been of rubber. 他把铁棒象胶一般地弄弯了。
3. His father bent his head down and Larry whispered joyfully. His father's eyes grew larger. 他爸爸低下头，劳里开心地、悄悄地说出了这个字。他的父亲瞪大了眼睛。
4. "The man smiled at me, then lifted up one foot, bent over, and took off his shoe while balancing on his other leg," recalls Wolf, a professor and researcher. "他对我微笑着，然后提起一只脚，弯下腰，用另一条腿保持平衡，脱下了那只脚上的鞋，" 教授兼学者的沃尔夫回忆说。"
5. "Then, still balancing on one leg, the 86-year-old gentleman stood back up, bent over again, and put his loafer back on. 接着，仍用那条腿保持平衡，这位86岁的老先生直起身，再弯腰，又把那只平底便鞋穿上。
6. She bent down immediately to cut the grass. 她立即弯下身子去割草.
7. She bent her head and hurried on. 她低下头匆匆往前走去。
8. She bent down to tie her shoe laces. 她弯下身子去系鞋带。
9. Like a scientist bent on making a discovery, he must cherish the hope that one day he will be amply rewarded. 就象一个决心要有所发现的科学家一样，他必须抱有有朝一日能如愿以偿的希望。
10. Like a scientist bent on making a discovery, he must cherish the hope that one day he will be amply rewarded. 他必须像一个专心致志进行探索的科学家那样抱有这样的希望，即终有一天，他的努力会取得丰硕的成果。