n thing that covers 掩蔽物; 遮盖物
*a light covering of snow on the ground 地上一层薄薄的雪.
something that covers or hides something
a light covering of snow
a layer of something such as paper, wood, or cloth used to cover walls, floors etc
colourful wall coverings
1. When it grew dark, she turned a suitcase into a bed and put the children inside it, covering them with all the clothes she could find. 天黑下来的时候，她把提箱当作小床，把两个孩子放了进去，又把所有能找到的衣服都盖在了孩子们身上。
2. The seed has a hard exterior covering. 这个种子的外壳很硬。
3. The Americans would happily reach one accord on standards for medical devices and then hammer out different pacts covering, say, electronic goods and drug manufacturing. 美国人很愿意就医疗器械的标准达成一个协议，然后推敲出不同的合同，用以涵盖 -- 比如说 -- 电子产品和药品的生产。
4. Then two of the masked men went to the counter (柜台), jumped over it and got the cashiers and bank clerks to start filling their bags with cash. While the two were getting the money, the one at the door covering us with the gun obviously got a bit of 他们又从柜台里跳出来，其中一个在落地时失去平衡，摔了一跤，另外两个又骂了他几句。然后他们从门口离开了，临走时还警告我们，"不许动。就像这样举着双手在那儿待十分钟。"接着他们就消失了，又是一片寂静。
5. To give skin care scientific authority, beauty counters have now stolen a thin covering of respectability from the hospital clinic. 为了使皮肤护理具有科学的权威，销售美容品的柜台现已从医院诊所盗用了体面的外表。
6. His hair grows longer. Soon he has Soon he has a thick covering of fat and fur. 它身上的毛也长得更长了, 很快全身就包满一层厚厚的脂肪和毛.
7. He then removed his overcoat and lay down on the bed in his clothes, covering himself with the quilt. 然后他脱了外衣，和衣躺下，盖上了被子。
8. A common closed position is sitting with your arms and legs crossed and your hand covering your mouth or chin (下巴). 一种最常见的封闭的姿态就是双臂和双腿交叉坐着，手盖在嘴或下巴上。
9. Covering much of the earth´s surface is a blanket of water. 地球表面主要被水覆盖着。