动词过去式:decked 过去分词:decked 现在分词:decking 第三人称单数:decks
1 (a) any of the floors of a ship in or above the hull 甲板
*My cabin is on E deck. 我的舱位在E层甲板.
* below deck(s), ie in(to) the space under the main deck 在主甲板之下. =>illus at yacht 见yacht之插图.
(b) any similar area, eg the floor of a bus 任何类似甲板的地方（如公共汽车的层面）
*the top deck of a double-decker bus 双层公共汽车的顶层.
2 (esp US) pack of playing-cards 一副纸牌.
3 (a) platform on which the turntable and pick-up arm of a record-player rest 电唱机的转盘及拾音器臂的支托面.
(b) device for holding and playing magnetic tape, discs, etc in sound-recording equipment or a computer 录音设备或计算机中放磁带或磁盘的装置.
4 (idm 习语) clear the decks => clear3. hit the deck => hit1. on deck
(a) on the main deck of a ship 在船的主甲板上.
(b) (esp US) ready for action, duty, etc 准备行动、执行任务等.
v [Tn] (US infml 口) knock (sb) to the ground 将（某人）打倒在地
*He decked him with his first punch. 他第一拳就把他打倒在地.
v [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sb/sth (out) (in/with sth) decorate sb/sth 装饰某人[某物]
*streets decked with flags 挂着旗子的街道
* She was decked out in her finest clothes. 她穿着她最好的衣服.
1. If you think what it must be like to share the deck of a ship with several squadrons of jet aircraft, 因此，如果你能想像出和几个中队的喷气机同在一个甲板上是什么滋味儿的话，
2. The wave swept over the deck. 海浪冲刷着甲板。
3. The lad was playing with his ball while old Maggie sat dozing off in a deck-chair, a bit of luxury for her. 孩子在玩球，老马吉坐在折叠躺椅上打着瞌睡，这对她来说也是一种奢侈。
4. The front deck might seem a frightening place for the rest of the town, but it was a front row seat for me. 上门前平台去可能会吓坏镇上其他人，但对我来说，那儿就像前排座位一样。
5. A look through the captain's telescope showed no one on deck. 船长通过望远镜看见甲板上没有人。