n.(坐时的)大腿前部,膝盖,舔声,(水)溅泼声,重叠的部分,(跑道的)一圈,衣兜,下摆 vi.重叠,围住,轻拍,舔 vt.包围,抱...在膝上,使重叠,舔食,泼溅,拍打
动词过去式:lapped 过去分词:lapped 现在分词:lapping 第三人称单数:laps 名词:lapful
1 area formed by the upper part of a seated person's thighs （人坐着时）大腿的上方
*Come and sit on Grandpa's lap! 来, 坐在爷爷的腿上!
* She had fallen asleep with an open book in her lap. 她睡着了, 腿上还摊开着一本书.
2 part of a dress, etc covering this 连衣裙等盖住大腿的部分
*She gathered the fallen apples and carried them in her lap. 她捡起掉落的苹果, 用衣服下摆兜着.
3 (idm 习语) drop/dump sth in sb's lap (infml 口) make sth the responsibility of sb else 将某事推给他人负责
*You've got to deal with this don't try and dump it in my lap. 这事你得去处理--别想往我身上推. in the lap of the `gods (of future events) uncertain （指未来的事）难以预料. in the lap of `luxury in conditions of great luxury 在奢侈的环境里.
1 [Tn.pr] ~ A round B/~ B in A wrap or fold (cloth, etc) round sth 用（布等）包扎或包裹某物
*lap a bandage round the wrist/the wrist in a bandage 用绷带包扎手腕[将手腕用绷带包扎住].
2 [I, Tn] (cause sth to) overlap （使某物）重叠
*Each row of tiles laps the one below. 每一排瓦都搭在下面的一排上.
3 [Tn] be one or more laps ahead of (another competitor) in a race （在跑道上）比（另一竞赛者）领先一圈或数圈
*She's lapped all the other runners. 她领先于所有赛跑者至少一圈.
1 part that overlaps or amount by which it overlaps 重叠部分; 重叠的量或程度.
2 single circuit of a track or racecourse 跑道的一圈
*The leading car crashed midway through the tenth lap. 领先的那辆赛车在第十圈的中途撞毁了.
* do a lap of honour, ie make a ceremonial circuit of a race-track, etc after winning a contest （比赛胜利者）绕场一周.
3 one section of a journey 一段旅程
*The next lap of our trip takes us into the mountains. 下一段行程我们就要进山区了.
4 (idm 习语) the last lap => last1.
1 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (up) (esp of animals) drink sth by taking it up with the tongue （尤指动物）舔着喝某物
*a dog noisily lapping water 舔着喝水发出啧啧声的狗.
2 [I, Ipr] (of water) make gentle splashing sounds （指水）发出轻轻的拍打声
*waves lapping on a beach, against the side of a boat, etc 轻拍海滩, 船舷等的波浪.
3 (phr v) lap sth up (infml 口) receive (praise, news, good fortune, etc) eagerly, uncritically or greedily （热切地、不加区别地或贪婪地）接受（夸奖、新情况、好运气等）
*He tells her all those lies and she just laps them up. 他对她说的是一派谎言, 可她却全部接受.
* The film got terrible reviews but the public are lapping it up, ie going to see it in great numbers. 影片尽管受到猛烈的批评, 但公众却趋之若骛.
* lap up sunshine, knowledge, company 热切地渴望阳光、知识、伴侣.
1. The mother held her baby on her lap. 母亲把婴儿抱在膝上。
2. She pulled her lad on to her lap. 她把她的儿子抱坐在膝上。
3. She accepted it from him and let it lie in her lap. 她接了过来，放在腿上。
4. (Wants to take NANCY in her arms, but the latter breaks away and hides her head in her mother´s lap.) （想搂住南茜，可是南茜挣开了，把头放在她母亲的膝上。）