n.流程,流动,(河水)泛滥,洋溢 vi.流动,涌流,川流不息,飘扬 vt.溢过,淹没
副词:flowingly 动词过去式:flowed 过去分词:flowed 现在分词:flowing 第三人称单数:flows
v (pt, pp -ed)
1 [I, Ipr, Ip]
(a) (of a liquid) move freely and continuously （指液体）流动
*Her tears flowed freely (down her cheeks). 她眼泪止不住地（顺着面颊）往下流.
* Most rivers flow into the sea. 江河大多流入海洋.
* Blood suddenly started flowing out. 突然流出血来.
(b) move freely and continuously, esp within a closed system; circulate 畅通无阻（尤指在封闭系统内）; 流通; 流传
*Keep the traffic flowing. 保持交通畅通无阻.
* Electricity is flowing (in the circuit/wires). 电在（电路[导线]中）流动.
* Blood flows round the body. 血液在体内循环.
* In convection, hot currents flow upwards. 在对流中热气流向上运动.
2 [I] (of speech or writing) proceed evenly and continuously （指讲话或写作）流畅
*Conversation flowed freely when the speaker invited discussion. 演讲人请大家讨论, 于是人人畅所欲言.
3 [I, Ipr, Ip] fall or hang (down) loosely and freely 松散而无束缚地落下或垂下
*long flowing robes 飘洒的长袍
* Her hair flowed (down) over her shoulders. 她长发垂肩.
4 [I, Ipr] ~ (with sth) be available plentifully; be distributed freely 有的是; 大量供应; 取之不尽
*The party became lively when the drink began to flow. 饮料开始大量供应, 聚会的气氛就活跃起来了.
* a land flowing with milk and honey, ie place with rich natural resources 自然资源丰富的地方.
5 [I] (of the sea tide) come in; rise （指海潮）涨, 涨潮
*The tide began to flow and our footprints were covered. 开始涨潮了, 潮水遮住了我们的脚印. Cf 参看 ebb 1.
6 (phr v) flow in/into sth arrive in a steady stream 不断涌入
*The election results flowed in throughout the night. 通夜不断传来各项选举结果.
* Offers of help flowed into the office. 人们接连不断地向办事处表示愿意提供帮助. flow from sth come or derive from sth; result from sth 源于某事物;为某事物的结果
*Many benefits will flow from this discovery. 这项发现将带来许多好处. flow out (of sth) leave in a steady stream 外流
*Profits are flowing out of the country. 利润源源不断地流向国外. flow over sb take place without affecting sb （某事）发生而不影响某人
*Office politics just seem to flow over him. 同事之间互相倾轧、勾心斗角的事似乎并未波及到他.
n (usu sing 通常作单数)
1 ~ (of sth/sb) (rate of a) flowing movement of sth/sb （某事物[某人]的）流动（量）; 流量
*a steady flow of traffic 川流不息的来往车辆
* The government is trying to stop the increasing flow of refugees entering the country. 政府正在设法阻止越来越多的难民流入本国.
2 ~ (of sth) (rate of a) continuous stream or supply of sth 某事物的持续或连续供应（量）
*cut off the flow of oil 切断石油输送
* the constant flow of information 源源不断的信息.
3 even and continuous outpouring of words 口若悬河; 滔滔不绝
*I interrupted him while he was in full flow, ie talking away strongly. 他正在高谈阔论, 我打断了他的话.
4 incoming tide 涨潮
*the ebb and flow of the sea 海潮的涨落.
5 (idm 习语) the ebb and flow (of sth) => ebb n.
1. Becoming more creative means paying attention to that endless flow of ideas you produce, and learning to capture and act upon the new that's within you. 变得更有创造力意味着去留心你那些无穷无尽的想法，学会捕捉你脑子里的新东西并将之付诸行动。
2. We produce a steady flow of labor-saving devices; we communicate rapidly through faxes, phone calls or emails rather than through personal contacts, 我们发明了一系列节省劳力的装置；我们通过发传真、打电话或发电子邮件与他人迅速地进行交流, 而不是通过直接接触。
3. It requires much time, commitment and discipline to keep up with the flow of the course. 它需要花更多的时间，需要学习者专一、自制，以跟上课程进度。
4. The weir across the river stops or controls the flow of the river above it. 河上的坝可以制止或控制上面河水的流量。
5. This realization now entered my life like a flow of water dividing previously dry and solid ground, creating two banks, one of which was my past — so familiar and predictable that even my unhappiness then made me happy now just to think of it; 这种认识就象一股水流一样流进我的生活，把先前干涸坚实的土地一分为二，造成了河流的两岸。河岸的一边是我的过去——这对我来说是如此熟悉, 如此地可以预料，以至于我只要想到它，原先使我感到不快的东西也会使现在的我变得开心起来。
6. You have to learn how to flow." 你必须学会如何与之相容。"
7. Perhaps the plaintive numbers flow 也许这凄婉的调子是在咏叹，
8. Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow more quietly, and in the end, without any visible break, they become merged in the sea, and painlessly lose their individual being. 然后河面渐渐地变宽，两岸后撤，河水流得平缓起来，最后连绵不断地汇入大海，毫无痛苦地失去了自我的存在。
9. Rays from the sun excite and energize the atmosphere of the earth, awakening it to flow, to movement, to rhythm, to life. 太阳光刺激了地球的大气层，并给予它能量；阳光使空气开始流动，产生节奏，获得生命。
10. It can flow into lakes too. 或流进湖泊。