名词:pursuer 动词过去式:pursued 过去分词:pursued 现在分词:pursuing 第三人称单数:pursues 形容词:pursuable
/pə'sju:; [US] -'su:; pɚ`su/
v [Tn] (fml 文)
1 follow (sb/sth), esp in order to catch or kill; chase 追赶, 追逐（某人[某物]）; （尤指）追捕, 追杀; 追寻; 追求
*pursue a wild animal, one's prey, a thief 追捕野兽、被捕食的动物、窃贼
* The police pursued the stolen vehicle along the motorway. 警察在高速公路上追赶被盗的车辆.
2 (continue to) be occupied or busy with (sth); go on with （继续）从事或忙于（某事物）; 进行
*She decided to pursue her studies after obtaining her first degree. 她决定在获得学士学位之後继续深造.
* I have decided not to pursue (ie investigate) the matter any further. 我决定不再追查那事.
1300-1400; Language: Anglo-French;Origin:
pursuer, from Old French
poursuir, from Latin
to continue doing an activity or trying to achieve something over a long period of time
→pursuit She plans to pursue a career in politics. Students should pursue their own interests , as well as do their school work.pursue a goal/aim/objective etc companies that pursue the traditional goal of profits a campaign promise to pursue policies that will help the poorpursue the matter/argument/question etc
to continue trying to find out about or persuade someone about a particular subject Janet did not dare pursue the matter further . The defence pursued the question of Dr Carrington's state of mind.
to chase or follow someone or something, in order to catch them, attack them etc
→pursuit Briggs ran across the field with one officer pursuing him.
to keep trying to persuade someone to have a relationship with you I was pleased, but somewhat embarrassed, when she pursued me.
1. The whole point of marriage is that it imposes clear obligations, not just the right to pursue your own happiness. 婚姻的全部意义就在于它予以夫妻双方清晰的责任义务，而不仅仅是追求个人幸福的权利。
2. Studies of Olympic athletes, world-class musicians and chess masters show that their common trait is the ability to motivate themselves to pursue harsh training routines. 对奥运选手、世界级的音乐家和国际象棋大师的研究表明，他们的共同特点就是具有促使自己坚持艰苦的日常训练的能力。
3. I must go to see him right away because my goal in Taiwan is to pursue herbal medicine. 我必须立刻去见他, 因为我在台湾的目的是研究草药医学.