动词过去式:smeared 过去分词:smeared 现在分词:smearing 第三人称单数:smears
1 [Tn.pr] ~ sth on/over sth/sb; ~ sth/sb with sth spread a greasy or sticky substance, eg paint, on sth/sb 将油脂或黏性物质（如油漆）涂于某物[某人]
*smear oil on the machinery 把油涂在机器上
* smearing mud all over the wall 在墙上涂满泥浆
* We smeared cream on our faces/smeared our faces with cream. 我们在脸上搽雪花膏.
(a) make (sth) dirty or greasy; smudge 弄脏（某物）; 使 某物）弄上油污
*The window was all smeared after the rain. 下过雨後窗户都脏了.
* Don't smear the lens; I've just polished it. 别把镜头弄脏了, 我刚刚擦过.
(b) (fig 比喻) damage (sb or sb's reputation), eg by suggesting they have acted immorally 玷污（某人或某人的名誉）（如说某人行为不端）
*In politics you expect to get smeared by your opponents. 在政治事务中遭对手诽谤是常有的事.
3 [Tn] blur (a drawing, an outline, etc) eg by rubbing it 将（图画、轮廓等）弄模糊（如经摩擦）
*smear the print with one's finger 手指把印刷品弄得模糊不清.
1 mark made by smearing 污点; 污迹
*a smear of paint 油漆的污迹
* smears of blood on the wall墙上的血迹.
2 ~ (on sb/sth) suggestion or accusationthat damages sb's reputation 污蔑; 诽谤
*This accusationof bribery is a vile smear on an honourable citizen. 这项有关贿赂的指控是对一个正直公民的无耻诽谤.
* [attrib 作定语] a smear campaign 一系列有预谋的诽谤活动
* smear tactics 污蔑的伎俩.
3 specimen of a substance spread on a slide to be examined under a microscope 涂片（涂在显微镜载片上供检查的物质标本）
*a cervical smear, ie taken from the cervix 子宫颈涂片
* [attrib 作定语] a smear test 涂片检查.
1. There was a smear of blood on the wall. 墙上有一片血迹。