n.数量 vi.(to) 总计,等于
动词过去式:amounted 过去分词:amounted 现在分词:amounting 第三人称单数:amounts
v [Ipr] ~ to sth
1 add up to or total sth 总计; 共达
*The cost amounted to 250. 费用共达250英镑.
* Our information doesn't amount to much, ie We have very little information. 我们的资料有限.
2 be equal to or the equivalent of sth 等于或相当于某事物
*It all amounts to a lot of hard work. 这一切就相当于很多繁重的工作.
* What you say amounts to a direct accusation. 你所说的话等于直接的指责.
3 (idm 习语) amount to/come to/be the same thing => same1.
n ~ (of sth) (used esp with [U] ns 尤与不可数名词连用)
1 total sum or value 总数; 总额; 总值
*a bill for the full amount 全部金额的帐单
* Can you really afford this amount? 你真付得起这个总数吗?
2 quantity 数量
*a large amount of work, money, furniture 大量的工作, 钱, 家具
* Food was provided in varying amounts. 食物供应多少不等.
* No amount of encouragement would make him jump, ie Despite much encouragement he refused to jump. 无论怎么鼓励他, 他也不跳.
3 (idm 习语) any amount of sth a large quantity of sth 大量
*He can get any amount of help. 他能得到大量的帮助.
1. Eat these foods with plentiful Vitamin C (for example, drink orange juice with cereal or put a tomato on a sandwich) to enhance the amount of iron absorbed." 摄取含有大量维生素C的食物——比如吃麦片时喝橘子汁，或在三明治内夹上番茄——可以促进铁离子的吸收。"
2. Experimental data seem to indicate that the amount of radon (Rn) in the water under the surface of the Earth waxes before an earthquake. 实验数据似乎表明，地震前地下水中氡的含量会增高。
3. But the wisdom of that policy has been questioned as the amount of violence encountered by the police has grown. 但是随着警察遭遇的暴力事件逐渐增多，人们对这一做法是否明智提出了疑问。
4. While it's true all of us need a career, preferably a prosperous one, it is equally true that our civilization has collected an incredible amount of knowledge in fields far removed from our own. 虽然我们所有人都确实需要一份工作, 最好是一份薪水丰厚的工作，但同样确实的是我们的文明已经在远远超越我们各自业务的领域里积累了数量惊人的知识。
5. Welfare sent Suzanne to look around in my apartment the other day because the chemist said I was using a larger than usual amount of medical supplies. 前几天，由于药剂师说我使用的医疗用品超出常量，于是福利部门派苏珊娜到我的住所调查。
6. The storekeeper endorsed my bill when I paid the full amount . 当我把钱付清时，店主在帐单后签了名。
7. This increases the expense of government, and reduces correspondingly the amount of economic resources that could be used for developing the country. 这样的一来就增加了政府的开支，从而相应地减少了可以用来了展国家的那部分经济资源。
8. This strip of paper will eventually list everything that the shopper has bought, what each item cost, the total price, the tax, how much money the shopper gave the checker, whether it was cash or a check, and the amount of change the shopper is to re 这一纸条最终会列出顾客买的每件物品，物品单价、总额、应付税额、顾客实交数额、是现金还是支票、应找回数额。
9. This means, Lyle says, that "too many women ignore the amount of iron they take in". 莱尔说，这意味着 "太多女性忽视了自己摄入的铁离子的含量。"
10. The amount of land is limited. 土地的总量是有限的。