动词过去式:breasted 过去分词:breasted 现在分词:breasting 第三人称单数:breasts
1 [C] either of the two parts of a woman's body that produce milk （女子的）乳房
*a baby at the breast 哺乳的婴孩
* cancer of the breast 乳（腺）癌
* The breasts swell during pregnancy. 怀孕期乳房发胀.
(a) (rhet 修辞) upper front part of the human body; chest （人体的）胸部, 胸膛
*clasp/hold sb to one's breast 把某人拥抱在怀里.
(b) part of a garment covering this （衣服的）胸部
*a soldier with medals pinned to the breast of his coat 胸前别着许多奖章的士兵.
3 [C, U] part of an animal corresponding to the human breast, eaten as food （动物的）胸脯（作食物用者）
*chicken breasts 鸡胸脯
* breast of lamb 羔羊胸脯.
4 (dated 旧) source of feelings; heart 心情; 思绪
*a troubled breast 心烦意乱.
5 (idm 习语) beat one's breast => beat1. make a clean breast of sth => clean1.
1 (a) touch (sth) with the breast(2a) 以胸部触及（某物）
*The runner breasted the tape, ie to win a race. 赛跑者以胸部触线（赛跑获胜）.
(b) face and move forward against (sth) 挺身冲向（某事物）
*breasting the waves 破浪前进.
2 reach the top of (sth) 抵达（某事物）的顶端
*breast a hill/rise 抵达山[岗]的顶端.
1. Earlier this month, Alberto Torres's wife, who had just been laid off from her job, had to have a breast removed due to cancer and now faces a year of radiation treatments. 这个月初，阿尔伯图·多里斯刚刚失业的妻子，由于患癌症而不得不将一侧乳房切除，而今又面临一年的放射性治疗。
2. The wheat was as high as the breast. 麦子高与胸齐。
3. He bears it as a badge on the breast. 他把这佩在胸前当作徽章。
4. He squatted down to peep into the basket and a packet of leaflets passed into the breast of his jacket. 他蹲下来，向筐里瞥了一眼，一捆传单就塞进了上衣前襟。
5. Mattel refashioned the doll into a decent, all-American — although with an exaggerated breast size — version and named it after Barbara, who was then a teenager. 马特尔公司将这个娃娃作了一番改造，变成了体面而地道的美国货，尽管胸围有些夸张。它名从当时10多岁的少女芭芭拉。