inter-=between,among 变化型 enter-,intel-
1 [C usu sing 通常作单数] inner part; inside 内部; 里面
*the interior of a house 房子的内部
* a house with a classical exterior and a modern interior 外表古色古香而内部装饰现代化的房子
* [attrib 作定语] an interior room 内室
* an interior-sprung mattress, ie with springs inside 弹簧床垫
* (fig 比喻) an interior monologue, ie sb's thoughts, eg as recorded in a novel 内心独白（如小说中的）. Cf 参看 exterior.
2 the interior [sing] inland part of a country or continent 内地; 腹地; 内陆
*the jungles of the interior of Africa 非洲内地的丛林
* explorers who penetrated deep into the interior 深入腹地的探险者.
3 the Interior [sing] domestic affairs of a country, as dealt with by its government (in the UK, the responsibility of the Home Office) 内政, （国家的）内务（在英国指内政部的事务）
*the Department/Minister of the Interior 内政部[大臣].
1. The interior of cave was dark. 这洞的内部很黑。
2. There would be windows, of course, but they might be fairly expensive; besides, most people wouldn´t feel the need for them provided there were suitable interior decorations. 当然窗子还是有的，但可能相当贵。何况，假如有合适的内部装饰，大部分人就会觉得不需要窗子。
3. On the exterior, he was cool, calm and collected but on the interior, stress was killing him. 表面上，他显得沉着、冷静和泰然自若，但他内心深处的压力使他筋疲力尽。
4. It comes with a special velour interior,cruise control and a variety of other features. 它的个特别的天鹅绒内面,省油速度控制器和其它种种特色.
5. It was from the study of these that so much was learnt about the interior of the earth. 正是从这两种波中的研究中，我们可以了解到地球内部的许多情况。
6. India's population recently hit 1 billion, but its interior framework in water, transportation and health care is fast falling apart; 印度的人口最近已达到10亿，但是国内的供水、交通和保健体系却正在迅速地分崩离析；