n.里面,内部,内脏,内情 adj.内部的,秘密的,于室内工作的 adv.在里面 prep.在...之内
1 (a) [C usu sing 通常作单数] inner side or surface; part within 里面; 背面; 内侧; 内部
*The inside of the box was lined with silk. 那盒子用丝作衬里.
* This cup is stained on the inside. 这杯子的内侧有积垢.
* chocolates with a creamy inside 有奶油心的巧克力
* Which paint is suitable for the inside of a house? 房子内部刷什么漆合适?
* The room had been locked from/on the inside. 这房间已从里面锁上了.
* The insides of the cylinders must be carefully cleaned. 汽缸内部必须仔细清理乾净.
(b) [sing] part of a road or track nearest to the inner side of a curve （道路或跑道）转弯处的内侧, 内圈, 里道
*Daley Thomson is coming up on the inside. 戴利·汤姆森正从里圈赶上来了.
(c) [sing] side of a pavement or footpath that is furthest away from the road （人行道）远离车道的一侧, 内侧
*Walk on the inside to avoid the traffic fumes. 在人行道的内侧走, 避开车辆的废气. Cf 参看 outside1.
2 [sing] (also insides/ In5saIdz; In`saIdz/ [pl]) (infml 口) stomach and bowels 肠胃
*a pain in his inside 他肚子痛
* My insides are crying out for food. 我饿得肚子直叫.
3 (idm 习语) ,inside `out
(a) with the normal inner side on the outside 里面朝外
*wearing his socks inside out 他把袜子穿反了.
* Turn the blouse inside out before drying it. 把衬衫翻过来再乾衣.
* My umbrella has blown insideout. 我的雨伞给吹得翻过去了. =>illus at back1 见back1.
(b) thoroughly; completely 彻底地; 完全地
*know a subject inside out 非常熟悉某问题
* turn a cupboard, drawer, etc inside out, ie search thoroughly by emptying it and looking through its contents 把碗橱、抽屉等里面的东西全倒出来彻底翻找. on the in`side
(a) within a group or an organization so that one has direct access to information, etc 处于集团或组织内部因而知内情
*The thieves must have had someone on the inside to help them break in. 那伙盗贼一定有内应, 协助他们闯了进去.
(b) (of motorists, motor vehicles, etc) using the lane that is furthest away from the centre of the road or motorway （指开汽车的人或机动车辆等）使用内车道
*The driver behind me tried to overtake on the inside. 我後面的驾驶员想从内车道超过我.
adj [attrib 作定语]
1 forming the inner part of sth; not on the outer side 内部的; 里面的; 内侧的
*He kept his wallet in an ,inside `pocket. 他把钱包放在里面的口袋里.
* What does your inside leg (ie from the crutch to the inner side of the foot) measure? 你的腿从内侧量有多长?
* the inside pages of a newspaper 报纸中间的各版
* choosing to run on the inside track 选择在内跑道跑.
2 told or performed by sb who is in a building, a group or an organization 从内部得到的; 得自内线的
*Acting on inside information, the police were able to arrest the gang before the robbery occurred. 警方根据匪徒内部情报, 在劫案发生前把他们一网打尽.
* The robbery appeared to have been an inside job. 这抢劫案看来是内部的人干的.
(also esp US inside of) prep
1 on or to the inner side of (sb/sth); within 在或往（某人[某物]）里面
*go inside the house 走进房子里
* put it inside its cage 把它放到笼子里去
* Inside the box there was a gold coin. 盒子里面曾有一块金币.
* You'll feel better with a good meal inside you, ie when you've eaten a good meal. 你好好吃上一顿饭, 就会觉得好些. Cf 参看 outside2.
2 (of time) in less than (sth) （指时间）少于
*The job is unlikely to be finished inside (of) a year. 这工作一年之内不见得能完成.
1 on or to the inside 在或向里面
*The coat has a detachable lining inside. 这件大衣有活里儿.
* She shook it to make certain there was nothing inside. 她把它摇了摇, 想知道里面确实没有东西.
* The guests had to move inside (ie indoors) when it started to rain. 外面下起雨来, 客人只好都回到屋里.
2 (sl 俚) in prison 在监狱里; 在押.
1. Bees store honey in honeycombs inside hives. 蜜蜂将蜂蜜储藏在蜂巢里。
2. But there is still fiery hot rock deep inside. 但是地球内部仍有滚烫的岩浆。
3. But I felt the same inside, not ugly at all. 但是我感受到我的内心一点也没有变，那可一点也不难看。
4. When the plane arrived, some of the detectives were waiting inside the main building while others were waiting on the airfield. 当飞机到达时，一些侦探等候在主楼内，另一些侦探则守候在停机坪上。
5. When it grew dark, she turned a suitcase into a bed and put the children inside it, covering them with all the clothes she could find. 天黑下来的时候，她把提箱当作小床，把两个孩子放了进去，又把所有能找到的衣服都盖在了孩子们身上。
6. With scarcely a glance at the items, the clerk sweeps them across an aperture, where a special marking on each item is scanned by a low-powered laser beam inside the machine, connected to a remote computer. 收款员几乎不看商品，只是把商品从机器上的孔眼处一扫而过，机器里的低能量激光对商品上的一个特殊标志进行扫描，这台扫描机与另一台电脑相联。
7. What I felt like inside? 我内心会怎样感觉？
8. The cave was quite dark inside, so he made some candles to give light. 洞里相当黑, 他就做了一些蜡烛来照明.
9. This cup is stained on the inside. 这杯子的内侧有积垢.
10. The robber took away her purse with two thousand five hundred N T, some keys and a handbook inside. 强盗夺去她的包,里面有两千五百元台币,一些钥匙和一本银行存折.