1 [attrib 作定语] clear; definite 清楚的; 明确的; 肯定的
*There is a decided difference between the two sisters. 这对姐妹之间有明显不同之处.
* a person of decided views 有明确看法的人.
2 ~ (about sth) determined 坚决的; 坚定的
*a decided effort to improve sales 提高销售量的坚决努力
* He won't go
*he's quite decided about it. 他绝不去
*他对此事很坚定. decidedly adv definitely; undoubtedly 肯定地; 无疑地
*I feel decidedly unwell this morning. 我今天上午确实感到不舒服.
adj [only before noun]formal
definite and easily noticed
a decided change for the better
1. But they´re decided on the basis of a person´s position and seniority. 但是薪水的高低是根据一个人的职位和资历决定的.
2. Busmen have decided to go on strike next week. 公共汽车司机决定下周罢工。
3. Busmen have decided to go on strike next week. 公共汽车司机决定下星期罢工。
4. But he lives so far away, and it is such a bad night that I have decided to ask you to go instead. 但是他住得离这儿那么远，天气又这么糟糕，所以我决定请你替我跑一趟。
5. But these early misgivings were not shared by everyone, and, in May 1968, one of Britain´s most eminent cardiac surgeons, Donald Ross, decided to perform the operation on 45-year-old Frederick West. 但是，并不是所有人都怀有这种疑问。1968年5月，作为英国最著名的心脏外科医生之一的唐纳德·威斯决定给四十五岁的弗雷德里克·韦斯特进行心脏移植手术。
6. But no one made much money on the invention until a Canadian businessman decided to call it a "zipper (拉链)". 但并没有人因此而发财。最后，一个加拿大商人决定给它起命为"拉链"。
7. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当钻孔地点决定后, 我们就在那块地面上坚起一个井架.
8. We decided to hold the meeting in the hall. 我们决定在大厅里开会。
9. We´ve decided to negotiate with the employers about our wage claims. 我们已经决定和雇主谈判关于我们的工资要求。
10. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当确定钻孔地点后，我们就在那里竖起一个井架。