en-=in,into,on,at,near 从“在中间”之意演变成“使进入某种状态～，使成为～”等，把表示to make之意的名词、形容词变为及物动词 变化型 em-
1 [U] ability to act or work with strength and eagerness 精力; 干劲
*She's full of energy. 她精力充沛.
* His work seemed to lack energy. 他工作似乎缺乏干劲.
* It's a waste of time and energy. 那简直是浪费时间和精力.
2 energies [pl] person's powers available for working or other activities 精力; 活力
*I must concentrate my energies on decorating today. 我今天必须集中精力搞装饰.
* apply/devote all one's energies to a task 全力以赴.
3 [U] (physics 物) ability of matter or radiation to do work because of its motion or its mass or its electric charge, etc 能; 能量
*nuclear energy 核能
* electrical energy 电能
* kinetic energy 动能.
4 [U] fuel and other resources used for operating machinery, etc 能源
*It is important to conserve energy. 节省能源十分重要.
* [attrib 作定语] an energy crisis, eg when sources of energy are scarce or unavailable 能源危机.
npluralenergies [U and C]
[Date: 1500-1600; Language: Late Latin;Origin: energia, from Greek energeia 'activity', from ergon 'work']
the physical and mental strength that makes you able to do things
Helping people takes time and energy .
Boy, where do those kids get their energy?
She was full of energy after her vacation.
a waste of energy
have the energy to do sth
I don't have the energy to deal with it right now.
Try to put more energy into your defensive game.
(=too much energy that you have when you are nervous)
power that is used to provide heat, operate machines etc
nuclear/solar etc energy
research into renewable energy sources
the world's energy resources
a special power that some people believe exists in their bodies and in some buildings
There was a lot of energy in the room this morning - did you feel it?
technical in physics, the ability that something has to work or move
the effort and interest that you use to do things
apply/devote/channel your energies into/to sth
She's devoting all her energies to the wedding plans.
1. Energy 能源
2. Energy from nuclear power plants is steadily increasing but the problem of dangerous waste limits growth in many regions. 核电厂提供的能源在稳步上升，但是在许多地区都因核电厂的有害废料问题而使发展受到限制。
3. Because many electrical companies consider nuclear energy too expensive, the trend is toward less dangerous sources of energy. 由于许多电气公司都认为核能代价太大，因此总体趋势是朝着危害较小的能源发展。
4. It requires 97 per cent less energy to travel the quarter of a million miles from the Moon to Earth-orbit than the 200 mile-journey from Earth´s surface into orbit! 因此，从月球到地球的25万英里所消耗的能量要比从地球表面进入地球轨道的200英里所耗能量少97%。
5. It takes much less energy to accelerate to that 1.5 miles per second than it does on Earth. 在月球上加速到每秒1.5英里比在地球上所用能源要少得多。
6. Lack of physical and mental energy, both of which are essential in turning out and throwing away, and sentiment. 一是体力，精力均告不佳，这二者是清除无用的东西必不可少的因素；另一原因是感情因素。
7. They keep themselves so busy that they have no time or energy to deal with their real problems. 他们让自己处于极度忙碌的状态，这样他们就没有时间或精力去对付他们的现实问题了。
8. They include: physical appearance, energy, rate of speech, pitch and tone of voice, gestures, expression through the eyes, and the ability to hold the interest of others. 这些优点包括：体貌、活力、语速、语音语调、手势、眼神，以及使他人对你保持兴趣的能力。
9. The clone's cells, for example, would have energy-processing machinery that came from the egg, not from the person who was cloned. 比如，克隆人的细胞可能会有来自卵子而非被克隆人的能量加工机制。
10. Natural gas, an outstanding energy fuel, can be used to heat homes, make electricity, and power cars. 天然气这种优良的能量燃料可以用于家庭取暖、发电和驱动汽车。