名词:nodder 动词过去式:nodded 过去分词:nodded 现在分词:nodding 第三人称单数:nods
1 [I, Ipr, Tn] ~ (to/at sb) move (the head) down and then up again quickly to show agreement, or as a greeting or command 点头
*The teacher nodded in agreement. 老师同意地点点头.
* I asked her if she wanted to come and she nodded. 我问她是否想来, 她点了点头.
* She nodded (to me) as she passed. 她从我身边走过时向我点头致意.
* Why are you nodding (your head) if you disagree? 你若不同意为什么要点头呢?
2 [Tn, Dn.n, Dn.pr, Dpr.t]~ sth (to sb) indicate sth by nodding 点头示意
*She nodded her approval. 她点头表示赞成.
* He nodded me a welcome/nodded a welcome to me. 他对我点点头表示欢迎.
* He nodded to me to leave the room. 他向我点头示意让我离开房间.
3 [I] let one's head fall forward when drowsy or asleep 垂着头打瞌睡; 打盹
*The old lady sat nodding by the fire. 那老太太坐在火炉旁打瞌睡.
4 [I] (of flowers, etc) bend downwards and sway （指花等）垂下并摇摆
*nodding pansies 摇摆着的三色堇.
5 [I] make a mistake because of lack of alertness or attention （因不机警或不留心）犯错误.
6 (idm 习语) have a nodding acquaintance with sb/sth know sb/sth slightly 与某人有点头之交; 对某事物略知一二
*I have no more than a nodding acquaintance with her novels. 我对她写的小说不甚了解. Homer (sometimes) nods (saying 谚) even the best, greatest, etc people occasionally make mistakes 荷马也有打盹的时候（最杰出、最伟大的人偶尔也犯错误）; 智者千虑, 必有一失.
7 (phr v) nod off (infml 口) fall asleep 睡着
*I often nod off for a little while after lunch. 我在午饭後常睡一小觉.
1 act of nodding the head 点头
*She gave me a nod as she passed. 她走过时朝我点一下头.
2 (idm 习语) the Land of Nod => land1. a nod is as good as a wink (to a blind horse) (saying 谚) a hint, suggestion,etc can be understood without being explicitly stated 暗示已足, 不必明言. on the `nod (infml 口)
(a) (Brit) with formal assent and without discussion 未经讨论而正式表示赞成
*The proposal went through (ie was approved) on the nod. 提议未经讨论而通过.
(b) (esp Brit) on credit 赊购
*buy sth on the nod 赊购某物.
1. He signified his consent with a nod. 他点头表示同意。
2. Her long fingers curl easily around my hand and I nod my head slowly, smiling. 她那细长的手指很轻易地就拢住了我的手，我微笑着慢慢点了点头。