名词:uncommonness 副词:uncommonly 形容词比较级:uncommoner 最高级:uncommonest
1 not common; unusual 不普通的; 不寻常的
*an uncommon sight, occurrence, etc 不平常的景象、事情等
* Hurricanes are uncommon in England. 飓风在英国非常罕见.
2 (fml 文) remarkably close; excessive 非常接近的; 极度的
*There was an uncommon likeness between the two boys. 这两个男孩儿长得像极了.
rare or unusual
Violent crimes against the elderly are fortunately very uncommon.
it is not uncommon for sb to do sth
It is not uncommon for students to have bank loans.
1. But nowadays even, it is not uncommon for a person to be brought back with heart massage (按摩) perhaps a full hour or more after he's "dead." 但是在今天，一个人在“死亡”整整一小时或更长时间以后，还能靠心脏按摩起死回生，这已不是什么稀罕事了。
2. Hurricanes are uncommon in England. 飓风在英国非常罕见.
3. It is not uncommon to hear that a shipping company has made a claim for the cost of salvaging a sunken ship. 航运公司为打捞沉船的费用提出要求，这并非奇闻。
4. It is not uncommon to hear that a shipping company has made a claim for the cost of salvaging a sunken ship. 航运公司为打捞沉船而提出索赔，这是常有的事，