n.签,抽签,一堆,许多,命运,一块地,份额 vt.划分 vi.抽签,抓阄
动词过去式:lotted 过去分词:lotted 现在分词:lotting 第三人称单数:lots
n [Gp] (infml 口) the `lot, all the `lot, the whole `lot the whole number or amount (of sb/sth) 全体; 全部; 总量
*That's the lot! 就这些!
* Take all the lot if you want. 你想要就全部拿去.
* The whole lot was/were discovered in a field. 那些全是在一田地发现的.
* I want the lot (ie all) of you to get out of my house. 我要你们全滚出我家.
* He expects a good salary, a company car, first-class air travel the lot. 他想要可观的薪水、公司的汽车、头等的机票--一应俱全.
pron a lot, lots (infml 口) large number or amount 大量; 许多
*Have some more pie, there's lots left. 再吃点馅儿饼吧, 还多着呢.
* `How many do you want?' `A lot/lots.' ｀你要多少?＇｀要很多.＇
adv (infml 口)
1 a lot, lots (used with adjs and advs 与形容词和副词连用) considerably 很; 非常
*I'm feeling a lot better today. 我今天身体好多了.
* I eat lots less than I used to. 我吃得比从前少得多.
2 a lot (used with vs 与动词连用)
(a) a great amount 极; 很; 非常
*I care about you a lot. 我对你很关心.
(b) often 常常
*I play tennis quite a lot in the summer. 夏天我经常打网球. Cf 参看 a fat lot (fat1 7).
1 (a) [C] item or number of items sold, esp at an auction sale （出售物品的）项目, 批（尤指拍卖物）
*six chairs. 第46项
(b) [CGp] group, collection or set of people or things of the same kind （同类人或物的）组, 批, 套, 群
*Nobody in the first lot of applicants was suitable for the job. 在第一批求职者中无人适合做那份工作.
* I have several lots of essays to mark this weekend. 本周末我有几份文章要批改.
* This next lot of washing is the last. 下一批是最後要洗的东西了.
(a) piece of land 地皮; 土地.
(b) (esp US) area used for a particular purpose （作某用途的）场地
*a `parking lot, ie a car-park 停车场
* a vacant `lot, ie a building site 一块空地皮（建筑场地）
* a `film lot, ie a film studio and the land around it 电影摄影场.
3 [sing] person's fortune, destiny or share 命运; 运气
*Her lot has been a hard one. 她命苦.
* I would not want to share his lot. 我可不愿和他同甘共苦.
4 [U] method of deciding sth or selecting sb/sth by chance 抽签法; 抓阄儿法
*She was chosen by lot to represent us. 她抽中签当我们的代表.
5 (idm 习语) a bad egg/lot => egg. cast/draw `lots (for sth) make a selection by lot 抽签, 抓阄儿（决定某事物）
*They drew lots for the right to go first. 他们抓阄儿决定谁先走. fall to sb's lot to do sth (fml 文) become sb's task or responsibility 成为某人的任务或责任. throw in one's lot with sb decide to join sb and share his fortunes 决心与某人共命运.
Fayl-Billot is a commune in the Haute-Marne department in north-eastern France.
1. But milk is a fluid.Don´t you think I´m supposed to drink a lot of fluids when I have a cold? 但是牛奶是一种流质, 你不认为我感冒时应该多喝一些流质吗?
2. Because people assume "you are what you say you are", they talk a lot to become acquainted with each other. 由于人们以为“对你的了解是通过你对你自己的介绍”，因此他们就通过大量的交谈以结识对方。
3. We owe a lot to the birds and beasts who eat insects. 我们十分感激食虫的飞禽和走兽.
4. We have grown a lot of flowers this summer. 今年夏天我们种了许多花。
5. We´ve had a lot of illness in the family. 我们家的人患过很多病.
6. We have a lot of rain in June. 这里六月份雨水很多。
7. We owe a lot to the birds and beasts who eat insects but all of them put together kill only a fraction of the number destroyed by spiders. 我们要十分感谢那些吃昆虫的鸟和兽，然而把它们所杀死的昆虫全部加在一起也只相当于蜘蛛所消灭的一小部分。
8. What will you do if you win a lot of money? 要是你赢了许多钱，你打算做什么呢？
9. We need a lot of things this week. 这星期我们需要很多东西。
10. Working hard involves being organized, focused, getting a lot of work done, knowing when to stop, and having a life other than work. 努力工作是指工作有条有理、精力集中，完成许多工作，知道何时歇手，知道除了工作还有生活。