/n.函授 principle//n.对 school//n.函授/n.相应,通信,信件/纬
/,kɒrɪ'spɒndəns; [US] ,kɔ:r-; ,kɔrə`spɑndəns/
1 [C, U] ~ (with sth/between sth and sth) agreement; similarity 一致; 相似
*a close/not much correspondence between the two accounts 两种叙述接近[不太]一致.
2 [U] ~ (with sb) letter-writing; letters 通信; 信件
*She has a lot of correspondence to deal with. 她有大批信件需要处理.
* I refused to enter into any correspondence (ie exchange letters) with him about it. 我决不就这一问题与他通信.
* Is commercial correspondence taught at the school? 学校里是否教授商业函件?
the letters that someone sends and receives, especially official or business letters
A secretary came in twice a week to deal with his correspondence.
the process of sending and receiving letters
The magazine is unable to enter into any correspondence on medical matters.
(be in) correspondence with sb
He had been in correspondence with her for several years before they finally met.
All correspondence between us must cease.
a relationship or connection between two or more ideas or facts
There was no correspondence between the historical facts and Johnson's account of them.
1. There is nothing secretive about the Ombudsman´s work, for his correspondence is open to public inspection. 国会司法专员的工作没有什么不可公开的，因为他的来信函件是可以受公众检查的。
2. There is nothing secretive about the Ombudsman´s work, for his correspondence is open to public inspection. 司法特派员的工作没有什么秘密可言，他的信件是公开的，供公众监督。
3. Do you write a lot of correspondence? 你平时写许多信件吗?
4. A correspondence has been going on between them. 他们之间一直有书信来往。
5. So many transactions and exchanges are going to be made through this medium — banking, shopping, communication, and information — that those who have to rely on the postman to send their correspondence risk really falling behind," he says. 那么多的交易、交换都将通过这一媒体进行 -- 银行业务、购物、通信、信息 -- 因此那些只能靠邮递员发送信件的人实在是有落伍的危险了。"
6. In Santa Monica, California, computers have replaced typewriters in all public libraries, and anyone, not just librarians, can send correspondence via computer. 在加州的圣莫尼卡，所有公共图书馆里的打字机都已换成了电脑；任何人，不仅仅是图书馆管理员，都可通过电脑发信件。