动词过去式:accounted 过去分词:accounted 现在分词:accounting 第三人称单数:accounts
1 (abbr 缩写 a/c) statement of money paid or owed for goods or services 帐目; 帐单
*send in/render an account 报帐[开送帐单]
* keep the accounts, ie keep a detailed record of money spent and received 记帐
* The accounts show a profit of 9000. 帐上显示盈利9000英镑.
2 (abbr 缩写 a/c) arrangement made with a bank, firm, etc allowing credit for financial or commercial transactions (used esp as in the expressions shown) 帐户, 户头（与银行, 商店等在财务或商务交易上的约定, 尤用于以下示例）
*have an account at/with that bank, ie keep money there and use its facilities 在那个银行有帐户
* open/close an account 开[结束]户头
* pay money into/draw money out of an account 在一帐户中存[取]钱
* I have
200 in my account. 我的户头 有200英镑.
* Will you pay cash or shall I charge it to your account (eg at a shop or restaurant)? 您愿意付现金还是记入您的帐 ? （如在商店或饭馆 ）
3 report; description 报告; 叙述
*She gave the police a full account of the incident. 她把事件向警方作了详细叙述.
* Don't believe the newspaper account (of what happened). 不要相信报纸上（对所发生的事情）的报道.
* Keep an account of your daily activities. 把你每天的活动都记下来.
4 (idm 习语) by/from all accounts according to what has been said or reported 据说; 根据报道
*I've never been there but it is, by all accounts, a lovely place. 我从来没去过那个地方, 人家都说那地方很好. by one's own account according to what one says oneself 据某人自己所说. call sb to account => call2. give a good, poor, etc account of oneself do or perform well, badly, etc esp in a contest 表现好, 不好等（尤指于竞赛中）
*Our team gave a splendid account of themselves to win the match. 我们队表现出色, 赢了那场比赛. leave sth out of account/consideration => leave1. of great, small, no, some, etc ac`count of great, small, etc importance 很重要, 不大重要等
*a man of no account 无足轻重的人. on account
(a) as a payment in advance of a larger one 作为先付的部分款项
*I'll give you
20 on account. 我先付你20英镑.
(b) to be paid for later 以後付款; 赊帐
*buy sth on account 赊购某物. on account of sth; on this/that account because of sth; for this/that reason 因为, 由于, 为了某事物; 为此
*We delayed our departure on account of the bad weather. 由于天气不好, 我们将启程的时间推迟了. on no account; not on any account not for any reason 决不可以; 切莫
*Don't on any account leave the prisoner unguarded. 这个囚犯决不能没人看守. on one's own ac`count
(a) for one's own benefit and at one's own risk 为自己的利益甘冒风险
*work on one's own account 自行负责地工作.
(b) on one's own behalf 为了自己
*I was worried on my own account, not yours. 我担心是为我自己, 而不是为了你. on sb's account for sb's sake 为了某人的缘故
*Don't change your plans on my account. 不要为了我而改变你的计划. put/turn sth to good ac`count use (money, talents, etc) well and profitably 善用（钱, 才智等）; 利用
*He turned his artistic gifts to good account by becoming a sculptor. 他发挥艺术天才, 成了雕刻家. render an account of oneself, etc => render. settle one's/an account (with sb) => settle. square one's account/accounts with sb => square. take account of sth; take sth into account include sth in one's assessment, etc; make allowances for sth; consider sth 计及; 斟酌; 体谅; 考虑
*When judging his performance, don't take his age into account. 评定他的表现时, 不必考虑他的年龄.
1 [Cn.a] regard (sb/sth) as; consider 将（某人[某事物]）看做; 视为
*In English law a man is accounted innocent until he is proved guilty. 根据英国法律, 一个人未经证实有罪仍视为无罪.
2 [Ipr] ~ (to sb) for sth give a satisfactory record of (money, etc in one's care) （对自己掌管的钱等）作令人满意的交代
*We must account (to our employer) for every penny we spend during a business trip. 我们得把我们出差时所花的每一分钱（向雇主）交代清楚.
3 (idm 习语) there's no accounting for taste (saying 谚) it is impossible to explain why people have different likes and dislikes 人各有所好（人的好恶是无可理喻的）.
4 (phr v) account for sth be the explanation of sth; explain the cause of sth 作某事物的解释; 解释某事物的原因
*His illness accounts for his absence. 他因病缺席.
* Please account for your disgraceful conduct. 对你的可耻行为请作解释. account for sth/sb destroy sth or kill sb 摧毁某事物; 杀死某人
*Our anti-aircraft guns accounted for five enemy bombers. 我军高射炮击落五架敌军轰炸机.
1. For me and a classmate (and maybe for some who read this account), the experience made a common claim come alive. 只是，对于我和我的一位同学（也许还有哪些看到这篇报道的人）而言, 这项活动使一个人皆知之的观点变得真真切切了。
2. When anyone opens a current account at a bank, he is lending the bank money, repayment of which he may demand at any time, either in cash or by drawing a cheque in favour of another person. 任何人在银行开一个活期账户，就等于把钱借给了银行。这笔钱他可以随时提取，提取的方式可以是取现金，也可以是开一张以他人为收款人的支票。
3. When, for example, a customer first opens an account, he instructs the bank to debit his account only in respect of cheques drawn by himself. 比如，储户首次在银行开户时，嘱咐银行他的存款只能凭本世人签字的支票来提取。
4. We´ll have to pay them something on account. 我们得先还他们一点欠款。
5. We budget it, save it, waste it, steal it, kill it, cut it, account for it; we also charge for it. It is a precious resource. 我们安排时间、节约时间、浪费时间、挤抢时间、消磨时间、缩减时间、对时间的使用作出解释; 我们还要因时间而收取费用。时间是一种宝贵的资源。
6. The account he gives of his childhood is quite fictitious. 他把童年往事说得很假.
7. The account of the trial was transcribed from the stenographer´s shothand notes . 审判的记录由速记员的速记符号翻译出来。
8. The bridge is so long that the shape of the earth had to be taken into account by its designer. 由于桥身太长，设计者不得不考虑了地表的形状。
9. These unconscious actions and reactions to them may in part account for our "feelings" and "snap judgments". 这些无意识的行为以及对它们产生的反应也许可以在某种程度上解释我们的“感觉”和“快速判断”的原因。
10. No one could account for the fact that one of the boxes was extremely heavy. 谁也不能解释为什么其中一个箱子特别沉重，