pos＝to place,to put（置,放）
1 [U] action of getting rid of sth 清除; 处理; 处置
*The safe disposal of nuclear waste is a major problem. 安全处置核废料是个大问题.
* a bomb disposal squad 炸弹处理小组.
2 (idm 习语) at one's/sb's disposal available for one/sb to use as one wishes 供任意使用; 可自行支配
*Students have a well-stocked library at their disposal. 学生有个藏书丰富的图书馆, 非常方便.
* The firm put a secretary at my disposal. 公司给我配备了一名秘书.
when you get rid of somethingdisposal of the safe disposal of radioactive waste bomb disposal expertsat sb's disposal
available for someone to use Tanner had a lot of cash at his disposal .sb is at your (complete) disposal
(=someone is ready to help you in any way) [C]AmE
a small machine under the kitchen sink
which breaks vegetable waste into small pieces
= waste disposal[U]technical
the sale of something you own such as a house, a business, or land The profit or loss on the disposal of an asset must be accounted for.[U]formal
the way in which an amount of money is used The Commission has complete control over the disposal of the funds.
1. His disposal of the difficulty pleased everybody. 他对这困难的处理使大家都高兴。
2. She arranged the disposal of their unwanted property by sale. 她廉价出售处理了他们多余的财产。
3. Sir James Clark Ross had obtained a sounding of over 2,400 fathoms in 1839, but it was not until 1869, when H. M. S. Porcupine was put at the disposal of the Royal Society for several cruises, 1839年，詹姆斯.克拉克.罗斯爵士曾测得海水深度超过2，400英尺；但直到1869年，皇家学会用英国"豪猪"号舰艇进行了几次巡航后，
4. Sewage disposal into the sources themselves, leakage of sewage into distribution systems or contamination with industrial or farm waste. 污水排入水源，污水渗入给水系统或工农业污水造成污染。
5. Roosevelt accepted Stalin´s offer, and on November 28 moved to the building Stalin put at his disposal. 罗斯福接受了斯大林的建议，于11月28日搬进了这座斯大林交由他使用的楼内。
6. For wireless phone service providers, nowhere is business better than in Latin America — having an operation there is like having an endless pile of money at your disposal. 对于无线电话服务商来说，没有任何地方的业务比拉丁美洲更好了--在那里有一个营运点就好像有一堆无穷无尽供你使用的钞票。