动词过去式:grouped 过去分词:grouped 现在分词:grouping 第三人称单数:groups
1 number of people or things gathered, placed or acting together, or naturally associated 群; 团体; 组; 类
*a group of girls, trees, houses, etc 一群女孩子、一片树林、一片房子
* A group of us are going up to London for the day. 我们有些人要去伦敦一天.
* people standing about in groups 一群一群在各处站着的人
* an `age group, ie people of the same age 年龄组（年龄相同的人）
* Our di`scussion group is/are meeting this week. 我们的讨论小组本周开会.
* a `drama group, ie small club for acting 戏剧小组
* the Germanic group of languages 日耳曼语系
* What `blood group are you? 你是什么血型?
* [attrib 作定语] a group ac`tivity, ie done by people in a group 集体活动.
2 set of jointly-controlled business companies, eg as the result of a merger （公司联营的）集团
*a `newspaper group 报业集团
* the `Burton Group 伯顿集团
* [attrib 作定语] the group sales director 集团的销售董事.
3 set of musicians performing pop music together 流行音乐的乐团.
v [I, Ipr, Ip, Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ (sb/sth) (round sb/sth); ~ (sb/sth) (together) gather or form (sb/sth) into a group or groups 使（某人[某事物]）集合、聚集、成群、成组或归类
*The police grouped (themselves) round the demonstrators. 警察围聚在示威者的四周.
* Group together in fours! 每四人一组!
The NGC 2841 group is a group of galaxies about 19.6 million light-years away from Earth.
1. Every child that is born into his group will share them with him, and no child born into one on the opposite side of the globe can ever achieve the thousandth part. 每一个和他诞生在同一个社团中的孩子和他一样具有相同的风俗；而在地球的另一边，诞生在另一个社团的孩子与他就是少有相同的风俗。
2. We are going to pass out the pamphlets to the members of this group. 我们将把小册子分发给这个小组的成员。
3. Whether working alone or in a group, students share ideas, perspectives and discussions on the subject being studied, and read about those of their classmates. 不管是单独学习还是小组学习，学生们就学习内容交流观点、见解，并展开讨论，同时了解其他同学的意见。
4. The members of the group remained remarkably cohesive. 这个团体的成员始终十分团结。
5. The large group of enlightened young men and women are potential leaders. 这一大群有知识的男女青年是潜在的领导人.
6. The peasants were reaping wheat with the help of a group of students. 农民们正在一群学生的帮助下收割小麦。
7. The captain and his group moved on, but the story of the little boy spread quickly. 上尉和他的小队继续前进了, 但这位小男孩的事迹很快传开了.
8. The Greenwood Boys are a group of pop singers. "绿林少年"是一个流行歌曲演唱团。
9. The group's first leader, Joseph Smith, believed that a man should be allowed to have several wives. 这个宗教团体最早的领导人约瑟夫·史密斯认为应该允许一个男人拥有几个妻子。
10. The conflict enlarged last year when miners killed a group of Amazon Indians in order to seize their land. 去年，矿工们为了争夺印第安人的土地而杀死了一群居住在亚马逊雨林里的印第安人后，冲突扩大了。