副词:slopingly 名词:sloper 动词过去式:sloped 过去分词:sloped 现在分词:sloping 第三人称单数:slopes
1 (usu sing 通常作单数) slanting line; surface that is at an angle of less than
90 to the earth's surface or a flat surface 斜线; 斜面; 倾斜
*the slope of a roof 屋顶的斜面
40 slope 40的斜线 *a slight/steep slope 稍稍的[很陡的]倾斜.
2 area of rising or falling ground 斜坡
*mountain slopes 山坡
* ski slopes 滑雪斜坡.
3 (idm 习语) the slippery slope => slippery.
1 [I, Ipr, Ip] have a slope; slant 有坡度; 倾斜
*a garden sloping gently towards the river 向河边稍稍倾斜的花园
* The field slopes (away) to the east. 这片田地向东倾斜.
* Does your handwriting slope forwards or backwards? 你写的字是向前斜还是向後斜?
2 (phr v) slope off (Brit infml 口) go away, esp without being noticed, in order to avoid doing work, etc 走开（尤指溜走以逃避工作等）.
1. The children like to roll down the small slope in the park. 孩子们喜欢从公园里的小斜坡上滚下来。
2. The slope is very steep. 这坡非常陡峭.
3. The slope is steepening. 这山坡变得更陡峭了.
4. The climber traversed a long hotizontal crack in the face of the mountain slope . 登山者横过山表斜坡上的水平裂痕。
5. The real dividing line between continents and oceans occurs at the foot of a steeper slope. 大陆和海洋的真正分界线是在陡破脚下。
6. This continental slope usually starts at a place somewhere near the 100-fathom mark and in the course of a few hundred miles reaches the true ocean floor at 2,500-3,500 fathoms. 大陆架慢坡一般是从差不多100英寻水深的地方开始的，一直延伸到几百英里远深达2，500至3，500的地方，那里才是真正的海底。
7. The slope averages about 1 in 30, 坡度平均约为1/30，
8. She left her brother behind, and dashed down the slope of the hill toward the flames. 她留下弟弟，冲下了山坡，往熊熊火焰奔去。
9. Later, when night fell, Kaz and her brother made for the mountains; a friend from Kaz's factory lived in a village on the slope of a hill behind the city and had offered to take them in. 接着，夜幕降临了，和子和她弟弟往山里走；和子厂里的一个朋友住在市区后面一个小山坡上的村子里, 表示愿意收留他们。
10. From the shore line, out to a distance which may be anywhere from a few miles to a few hundred miles, runs the gentle slope of the continental shelf, geologically part of the continents. 从海岸线向大海延伸几英里到几百英里的区域是大陆架慢坡，从地质学上来说，它是大陆的一部分。