动词过去式:breached 过去分词:breached 现在分词:breaching 第三人称单数:breaches
1 [C, U] breaking or neglect (of a law, an agreement, a duty, etc) 违犯, 违反（法规、协议、职责等）
*a breach of loyalty, trust, protocol, etc 不忠、背信、背约等
* a breach of confidence, ie giving away a secret 泄密
* sue sb for breach of contract 控告某人违反合同
* a breach of security, ie failure to protect official secrets 破坏安全的行为（泄露政府机密）.
2 [C] break in usu friendly relations between people or groups （友好关系的）中断
*a breach of diplomatic relations between two countries 两国之间外交关系的破裂.
3 [C] opening, eg one made in a wall by attacking forces or the sea 缺口（如墙上或堤上的突破口）
*The huge waves made a breach in the sea wall. 大浪在堤上冲出一个缺口.
4 (idm 习语) step into the breach => step1.
v [Tn] make a gap in (a defensive wall, etc) （在防御工事等上）打开缺口
*Our tanks have breached the enemy defences. 我方坦克突破了敌人的防线.
1. Police arrested the demonstrators for committing a breach of the peace. 警察以破坏和平罪逮捕了示威者。
2. It would be a breach of duty for the guard to leave before his replacement comes. 守卫在替补者尚未来之前离开岗位，是不忠于职守的。