动词过去式:calculated 过去分词:calculated 现在分词:calculating 第三人称单数:calculates
1 [Tn, Tf, Tw] work (sth) out by using numbers or one's judgement; estimate 计算; 推算; 估计
*calculate the cost of sth/how much sth will cost 计算某事物的费用
* Scientists have calculated that the world's population will double by the end of the century. 科学家已推算出世界人口在本世纪末将要增加一倍.
* I calculate that we will reach London at about
3 pm. 我估计我们大约在下午3时到达伦敦.
2 [Tn, Tf, Tnt] (US infml 口) suppose (sth); believe 认为; 觉得; 相信.
3 (idm 习语) be calculated to do sth be intended or designed to do sth 打算或计划做某事
*This advertisement is calculated to appeal to children. 这个广告是针对儿童设计的.
* His speech was calculated to stir up the crowd. 他讲的话是有意鼓动群众的. a calculated `insult deliberate or premeditated insult 故意的或存心的侮辱. a calculated `risk risk taken deliberately with full knowledge of the dangers （明知有危险）有意进行的冒险.
4 (phr v) calculate on sth/doing sth depend or rely on sth 指望或依靠某事物
*We can't calculate on (having) good weather for the barbecue. 我们不能指望着（有）好天气才去烧烤.
[Date: 1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin: , past participle of calculare, from calculus 'stone used in counting'; CALCULUS]
to find out how much something will cost, how long something will take etc, by using numbers
These instruments calculate distances precisely.
calculate how much/how many etc
I'm trying to calculate how much paint we need.
Sally calculated that she'd have about £100 left.
calculate sth on sth
Rates are calculated on an hourly basis.
to guess something using as many facts as you can find
Researchers calculated that this group was at a higher risk of heart disease.
calculate how/what/whether etc
It's difficult to calculate what effect all these changes will have on the company.
be calculated to do sth
to be intended to have a particular effect
a question calculated to embarrass him
calculate on [calculate on sth] phr v
if you calculate on something, you are depending on it for your plans to succeed
We're calculating on an early start.
calculate on sb/sth doing sth
Ken hadn't calculated on Polson refusing his offer.
1. Let me calculate the cost of the journey. 让我计算一下旅途的用费。
2. In many U.S. stores the cash register has been replaced by a computer that quickly and easily calculate the cost of items being bought. 在美国很多家大商店里，现金出纳机已被运算所购物品费用快捷、操作容易的电脑所取代。