动词过去式:concerted 过去分词:concerted 现在分词:concerting 第三人称单数:concerts
1 musical entertainment given in public by one or more performers 音乐会
*an orchestral concert 管弦乐音乐会
* give a concert for charity 举行慈善义演音乐会
* [attrib 作定语] a concert pianist, hall, performance 在音乐会上演奏的钢琴家、音乐厅、音乐会演出. Cf 参看 recital.
2 (idm 习语) at ,concert `pitch in a state of full efficiency or readiness 处于效率极高或充分准备的状态. in `concert giving a live public performance rather than a recorded one 现场演出的（并非事先录音的）. in concert (with sb/sth)(fml 文) co-operating together 合作
*working in concert with his colleagues 与他的同事合作.
[Date: 1500-1600; Language: French;Origin:Italian concerto, from concertare; CONCERTED]
a performance given by musicians or singers
a rock concert
live concert performances
a concert of French choral music
We were going to a concert in Bath Abbey.
He gave a concert at the opera house.
in concert (with sb)
a)formal people who do something in concert do it together after having agreed on it
Britain has to pursue policies in concert with other EU members.
It appeared that both the accused were acting in concert in the attack upon the deceased.
b) playing or singing at a concert
They're appearing in concert tonight at the Royal Concert Hall.
1. The fee for the concert is two dollars. 音乐会的票价是两块钱。
2. Next, the little ones recited in concert their "Ba, be, bi, bo, bu". 然后教小班的同学齐声念着“Ba, Be, Bi, Bo, Bu”来拼音。
3. Squeezing through a cleft in the rocks, the pot-holers arrived at an enormous cavern, the size of a huge concert hall. 洞穴探险者从岩石缝里挤身过去，来到一个巨大的洞里，其大小相当于一个音乐厅。
4. She was the mother of seven, grandmother of eighteen, an active member of her church, a leader of volunteer associations in her community, a concert piano player, and a piano teacher for over thirty years. 原来她是7个孩子的母亲，18个孩子的祖母，教会里的活跃分子，社区志愿者协会的领导人，音乐会钢琴演奏家，从教30余年的钢琴教师。
5. I am going to record the concert on my tape recorder. 我要用磁带录音机将音乐会实况录下来。
6. I´m going to a rock´n´ roll concert tonight. 我今晚正要去参加摇滚音乐会.