1 [U] agreement (of feelings, interests, opinions, etc) （感情、兴趣、意见等）相符, 一致
*working towards harmony in international affairs 致力使国际事务协调一致.
2 [C, U] (instance of a) pleasing combination of related things 协调; 匀称
*the harmony of colour in nature 自然界色彩的协调
* The designer's aim is to produce a harmony of shape and texture. 设计者的目标是要使外观与材料的特性两者统一起来.
3 (a) [U] (music 音) (study of the) combinationof different notes at the same time to produce chords和声（学）
*The two sang in harmony. 这两人用和声演唱.
(b) [C] sweet or melodious sound 美妙动听的声音;乐声. Cf 参看 concord, discord.
4 (idm 习语) in harmony (with sb/sth) agreeing; matching 协调一致; 相配
*live together in perfect harmony, ie peacefully and happily 住在一起十分融洽
* His tastes are in harmony with mine. 他的爱好与我的相同.
1300-1400; Language: French;Origin:
harmonie, from Latin
harmonia, from Greek
, 'joint, harmony'
] [C usually plural, U]
notes of music combined together in a pleasant wayin harmony a choir singing in perfect harmony the gorgeous vocal harmonies on 'Mexicali Rose' three-part harmonies[U]
when people live or work together without fighting or disagreeing with each other I do believe it is possible for different ethnic groups to live together in harmony.peace and harmony an era of peace and harmonylive/work etc in harmonybe in harmony with sthformal
to agree with another idea, feeling etc, or look good with other things Your suggestions are not in harmony with the aims of this project.[U]
the pleasant effect made by different things that form an attractive whole the harmony of sea and sky
1. Their life is a natural harmony. 他们的生活是一种自然的和谐。
2. Their life is a natural harmony. 他们的生活是一种自然的和谐，
3. Thus, the direction of the meeting is a mutual attempt to reduce confrontation and achieve harmony. 因此，会晤所向是双方共同努力减少对峙，谋求和谐。
4. The Japanese business person works to achieve harmony, even if the deal falls through, and will spend whatever time is necessary to determine a "you to you" approach, communicating personal views only indirectly and delicately. 即使生意没做成，日本商人也力求和睦相处，愿花费必要的时间来确立"你对你"的交流方式，仅仅间接而巧妙地交换个人意见。
5. "Main Street, USA", the heart of Euro Disneyland, it promises, will feature an old time "Harmony Barber Shop" to deal with "messy hair and hairy chins" — and perhaps even offending mustaches. 它称将在欧洲迪斯尼乐园的中心"美国大马路"建一个旧时的"和谐理发店"来处理"乱糟糟的头发和胡子拉碴的下巴"，也许还要管管唇上髭须。
6. In spite of rapid population increase and industrial growth, some groups of people, often in remote areas, have been able to live in harmony with the planet. 尽管人口在迅速增长，工业发展很快，还是有一些人类群体——常常是居住在偏远地区的人们——能与地球和睦共处。