1 (a) [U] (Brit) room(s), esp for living in; lodgings 房间（尤指作居住用者）; 住所
*find suitable, cheap, temporary, permanent, etc accommodation 找合适的, 便宜的, 临时的, 永久的等住宿处
* Hotel accommodation is scarce. 旅馆的房间不足.
* Wanted, accommodation for a young married couple. 徵租, 供年轻夫妇的住房.
(b) accommodations [pl] (US) lodgings; room(s) and food 住宿; 膳宿.
2 [U] ~ (of sth to sth) (fml 文) process of adapting; adjustment 适应; 调节
* arrange the accommodation of my plans to yours 调整我的计划以便和你的相适应.
3 [C] (fml 文) convenient arrangement; compromise 调解; 和解
*The two sides failed to agree on every point but came to an accommodation. 双方并非在每一点上意见都一致, 但已达成和解.
a place for someone to stay, live, or work
The price for the holiday includes flights and accommodation.
living accommodations for the crews
travel and hotel accommodations
secure accommodation for young offenders
Universities have to provide student accommodation for first-year students.
an agreement between people or groups who have different views or opinions, that satisfies everyone
We reached an accommodation between both parties.
1. The life history of the individual is first and foremost an accommodation to the patterns and standards traditionally handed down in his community. 个人的生活史首先是适应他的社团世代相传形成的生活方式和准则。
2. Hotel accommodation is scarce. 旅馆的房间不足.
3. Parents who both hold down full-time jobs may feel guilty about the amount of time they spend away from their children and, as accommodation for being away so much, may attempt to compensate by showering them with material possessions. 都是全日上班的父母也许会因为不能常常和孩子在一起而感到内疚。他们可能想通过给孩子们大量物质的东西作为对他们的补偿。
4. Our accommodation is barely adequate. 我们的住房不太够用.