n.少量(搀加物),冲撞,破折号,锐气,精力,干劲 vi.猛掷,冲撞 vt.泼溅,使猛撞,搀和,使破灭,使沮丧,匆忙完成
动词过去式:dashed 过去分词:dashed 现在分词:dashing 第三人称单数:dashes
1 [sing] ~ (for sth) sudden forward movement 突进; 猛冲
*to make a dash for freedom, shelter 为获自由、遮掩处而急奔
* We jumped into the car and made a dash for the ferry. 我们跳上汽车, 冲向码头.
* Mother said lunch was ready and there was a mad dash for the table. 母亲说午饭做好了, 大家一下子都向饭桌奔去.
2 [C usu sing 通常作单数] (esp US) short race; sprint 短跑; 短距离赛跑
*the 100-metres dash 100米赛跑.
3 [C esp sing 尤作单数] a ~ (of sth) small amount of sth added or mixed 少量搀和物或混合物
*a dash of salt 少许盐
* red with a dash of blue 略为发蓝的红色
* The flag adds a dash of colour to the grey building. 那面旗子装点着灰秃秃的大楼.
4 [sing] ~ (of sth) (sound of) liquid striking or being thrown against sth 冲击或溅洒液体（的声音）
*the dash of waves on the rocks 波浪拍打岩石的声音
* A dash of water in his face will revive him. 向他脸上泼水能使他苏醒.
5 [C] horizontal stroke () used in writing, printing and Morse code 破折号（--）. =>App
6 [U] ability to act vigorously; energy 活力; 冲劲儿; 精力; 干劲
*an officer famous for his skill and dash 以干练和干劲闻名的官员.
7 [C] (infml 口) = dashboard.
8 (idm 习语) cut a `dash be exciting and stylish (in appearance or behaviour) （外表或举止）神气, 有气派, 帅
*He really cuts a dash in his smart new uniform. 他穿着漂亮的新制服真是神气十足. make a bolt/dash/run for it => bolt2.
1 [I, Ipr, Ip] move suddenly and quickly; rush 猛冲; 突进
*I must dash (ie leave quickly), I'm late. 我得赶紧走了, 已经晚了.
* He dashed off with the money. 他带着钱跑了.
* She dashed into the shop. 她冲进商店里.
* An ambulance dashed to the scene of the accident. 救护车风驰电掣赶往事故现场.
2 [Ipr, Tn.pr, Tn.p] (cause sth to) strike forcefully （使某物）猛撞, 撞击, 碰撞
*Waves dashed against the harbour wall. 波浪撞击着港口的墙基.
* He dashed the glass to the ground. 他把玻璃杯狠狠摔在地上.
* The boat was dashed against the rocks. 小船猛撞在礁石上.
* A passing car dashed mud all over us. 一辆汽车飞驰而过, 溅了我们满身泥.
3 (idm 习语) dash (it)! (infml euph 口, 婉) (used as a milder way of saying damn 用如damn一词, 语气稍轻)
*Dash it! I've broken my pen. 糟了! 我把钢笔弄断了.
4 dash/shatter sb's hopes => hope.
5 (phr v) dash sth off write or draw sth quickly 匆匆地写或画某事物
*She dashed off a letter to her mother. 她给母亲匆匆写了一封信.
1. A yellow light on the dash-board flashed angrily and Bruce cheerfully announced that there was no oil in the engine! 仪表盘一盏黄灯闪着刺眼的光芒，布鲁斯兴致勃勃地宣布发动机里没油了！