ger＝to carry（运，载） 变化型 gest
/sə'dʒestʃən; [US] səg'dʒ-; səˇ`dʒɛstʃən/
1 [U] suggesting (suggest1) or being suggested 提议; 建议
*On/At your suggestion (ie Because you suggested it) I bought the more expensive model. 遵照你的建议, 我买了较贵的这种型号.
2 [C] ~ (that...) idea, plan, etc or person that is suggested 提议或建议的内容（主意、计画、人选等）
*I want suggestions about what to do today. 今天做什么, 我想听听有何意见.
* Janet was my first suggestion as chairperson. 珍妮特是我推荐可任主席的第一人选.
* There's no suggestion that she should resign, ie That would be completely unthinkable. 没有任何迹象显示她要辞职.
3 [C usu sing 通常作单数] slight amount (of sth that can be detected) 微量; 徵象
*speak English with the suggestion of a French accent 说英语稍带法国口音.
4 [U] putting an idea, etc into sb's mind through linking it to other ideas, pictures, etc 暗示; 联想
*Most advertisements work through suggestion. 广告多通过启发人的联想力而发挥作用.
an idea, plan, or possibility that someone mentions, or the act of mentioning it Any helpful suggestions would be welcome.suggestion that the suggestion that houses should be built on this site May I make a suggestion ? Let me know if you have any suggestions . The committee is open to suggestions (=willing to listen to ideas) .at sb's suggestion She took a seat at his suggestion. [singular, U]
a sign or possibility of somethingsuggestion of There was never any suggestion of criminal involvement. The government have denied any suggestion of involvement in her death.suggestion that There's some suggestion that the intruder was the same person that killed Angie.a suggestion of sth
a slight amount of something There was just a suggestion of a smile on her face.[U]
an indirect way of making you accept an idea, for example by hypnotism the power of suggestion
1. The warm wind is a suggestion of spring. 暖风是春天的征候。
2. That sounds a silly suggestion, 这听起来似乎是一种愚蠢的想法，
3. Have you got an alternative suggestion? 你有没有其它的建议?
4. He brightened at my suggestion. 我的建议让他很高兴。
5. He shrugged at my suggestion. 他对我的建议只是耸耸肩。
6. Her husband was surprised and delighted with the suggestion coming from her. 听到妻子的建议，丈夫真是又惊又喜。
7. She made a suggestion in a very roundabout way. 她很婉转地提出了一个建议。
8. I´m agreeable to your suggestion. 我乐意接受你的建议。
9. I´ll confer with the manager about your suggestion. 我将把你的建议和经理磋商。
10. I integrated your suggestion with my plan. 我把你的建议采纳到我的计划中来。