n.创伤,伤口 vt.伤,伤寒 v.击伤
副词:woundedly 动词过去式:wounded 过去分词:wounded 现在分词:wounding 第三人称单数:wounds
1 (a) injury caused deliberately to part of the body by cutting, shooting, etc, esp as the result of an attack 伤, 创伤（尤指受攻击造成的）
*He died after receiving two bullet wounds in the head. 他头部中了两颗子弹而死.
* The wound was healing slowly. 伤口慢慢愈合了.
(b) cut or tear done to the outer surface of a plant or tree （对花草树外皮的）切割或剥离.
2 ~ (to sth) hurt done to a person's feelings, reputation, etc （对人的感情、名誉等的）伤害
*deep psychological wounds 很深的心理创伤
* The defeat was a wound to his pride. 这次失败伤了他的自尊心.
3 (idm 习语) lick one's wounds => lick. rub salt into the wound/sb's wounds => rub2.
v [Tn esp passive 尤用于被动语态]
1 give a wound to (sb) 伤, 伤害（某人）
*Ten soldiers were killed and thirty seriously wounded. 有十名士兵阵亡, 三十名重伤.
* The guard was wounded in the leg. 护卫员腿部受了伤.
2 hurt (sb's feelings, reputation, etc) 伤, 伤害（某人的感情、名誉等）
*He was/felt deeply wounded by their disloyalty. 因为他们不忠, 他十分伤心.
* wounding criticism伤人感情的批评. the wounded n [pl v] wounded people 受伤的人; 伤员
*The hospital was full of the sick and wounded. 医院里挤满了伤病员.
* Many of the wounded died on their way to hospital. 许多伤员死在去医院的途中了.
NOTE ON USAGE 用法
*Wound and injure both indicate physical damage to the body.
* wound 和 injure 均指对身体的伤害. A person is wounded by a sharp instrument or bullet tearing the flesh. *wound指利器或子弹对肉体造成的伤害. It is a deliberate action, often connected with battles and war. 这种伤害是故意的行为, 常与作战及战争有关. People are usually injured in an accident, eg with a machine or in sport.
* injure 通常指人在意外事故中受到的伤害, 如由机器造成的或在运动中受到的伤害. Compare In a war there are many more wounded than killed and In the coach crash
10 people died and
18 were seriously injured. 试比较这两个句子
*｀在一场战争中, 受伤的远比死亡的人多＇和｀在这次旅游车撞车事故中, 有10人死亡, 18人重伤＇. Hurt may be as serious as injure or it may relate to a minor pain *hurt指的伤害可与 injure 同样严重, 也可指比较轻的疼痛
*They were badly hurt in the accident. 他们在事故中受了重伤.
* I hurt my back lifting that box. 我抬那个箱子的时候伤了後背.
pt, pp of wind3.
1. Everything around him was full of her presence, continually reopening the wound. 他身边的一切都是母亲的影子不断勾起他的伤感。
2. Blood was pouring from the wound. 血从伤口中涌出.
3. Blood trickled from the wound. 血液从伤口中流出.
4. The string is wound round a cardboard cylinder. 线缠绕在纸筒上.
5. The wound healed slowly. 伤口愈合得很慢.
6. The wound was carefully washed; then an antiseptic, tincture of iodine, was applied. 伤口被仔细地清洗，然后涂上消毒剂和碘酒。
7. The wound was healing slowly. 伤口慢慢愈合了.
8. The stream wound its way across the field and then flowed right under their tent! 那小溪弯弯曲曲穿过田野，然后正好从他们的帐篷底下流过去。
9. The snake then wound itself round the wires. 于是蛇就缠住了几根电线。
10. The other was infection; however well the operation was done, the patient often died afterward from infection in the open wound. 另一个原因是感染：不论手术多么成功，病人常常在手术后死于刀口的感染。