动词过去式:countered 过去分词:countered 现在分词:countering 第三人称单数:counters
contra-=against 变化型 contro-,counter-
1 long narrow flat surface over which goods are sold or served or business done in a shop, bank, etc （商店、银行等的）柜台.
2 (idm 习语) over the `counter (of medicines) without a prescription(1a) （指药品）无处方
*These tablets are available over the counter. 这些药片无需处方可直接购买. under the `counter (of goods bought or sold in shops) secretly （指商店买卖货物）暗中交易, 走後门
*In Britain pornography was once sold under the counter. 在英国, 色情书画曾一度在暗地里出售.
1 small disc used for playing or scoring in certain board games 筹码.
2 (used in compounds 用以构成复合词) device for counting repeated mechanical actions 计数器
*an engine's rev-counter 发动机转速计.
3 thing that can be exchanged for sth else 可与他物交换之物
*Our missiles will be a useful bargaining counter in our negotiations with the Russians, ie may be given up in exchange for concessions. 在我们与俄国人的谈判中, 我们的导弹是讨价还价的有利资本.
adv ~ to sth in the opposite direction to sth; in opposition to sth; contrary to sth 与某事物的方向相反; 相反地
*act counter to sb's wishes 违背某人的意愿
* Economic trends are running counter to the forecasts. 经济发展趋势与预测的结果截然相反.
v [Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr, Tf] ~ with sth; ~ sb/sth (with sth) respond to (sb/sth) with an opposing view, a return attack, etc 反对, 反击（某人[某事物]）
*The champion countered with his right, ie responded to a blow with a right-handed punch. 这位卫冕者挥起右拳还击.
* They countered our proposal with one of their own. 他们针对我们的建议提出了一项相反的建议.
* The minister countered his critics with a strong speech defending his policies. 这位部长慷慨陈词为其政策辩护, 反驳批评他的人.
* I pointed out the shortcomings of the scheme, but he countered that the plans were not yet finished. 我指出那方案的缺点, 但他申辩说各项计划尚未完成.
1. For the woman´s eyes immediately lit up and she fetched several bottles which she placed on the counter for Harry to inspect. 因为那女售货员听完哈里的话后，马上眼睛一亮，拿出几瓶东西放在柜台上让哈里挑选。
2. We put our hands down but I just stayed exactly where I was. Then one of the bank workers pressed a button behind the counter and the steel gate at the front of the bank moved into place so that we were locked in. We just stayed like that until the p 仿佛在梦中一样，我不紧不慢地走出了银行。没有人试图阻止我，警察似乎对我并不感兴趣。他们不打算盘问我，也没有要求我作证或别的什么，所以我就那样慢悠悠地走出了银行。
3. Then I left him standing by the counter so happy that I almost envied him. 然后我就离开了，他站在柜台旁，是那么高兴，我真有点羡慕他。
4. The lady who is standing behind the counter. 站在柜台后面的那位女士。
5. The books which are on the counter. 就是柜台上的那两本。
6. The shopper only needs to place all the items on the conveyor belt at the checkout counter. 顾客只需把所选物品一古脑全放在传送带上，
7. Then two of the masked men went to the counter (柜台), jumped over it and got the cashiers and bank clerks to start filling their bags with cash. While the two were getting the money, the one at the door covering us with the gun obviously got a bit of 他们又从柜台里跳出来，其中一个在落地时失去平衡，摔了一跤，另外两个又骂了他几句。然后他们从门口离开了，临走时还警告我们，"不许动。就像这样举着双手在那儿待十分钟。"接着他们就消失了，又是一片寂静。
8. They jumped back over the counter. One of them lost his balance when he landed on the floor and fell over. The other two swore at him again. Then they left through the door, warning us, "Don't move. Stay like that with your hands up for ten minu 他们扶起了那个银行保安，这个可怜的傢伙当时还趴在地上。接着就是一片混乱。
9. He got up and put the coppers to pay for it on the counter. 他站起身来，把几枚铜币放在柜台上。
10. He went to get the new necklace, and laid down on the jeweller´s counter thirty-six thousand francs. 他去买下了那条新的项链，在珠宝商的柜台上放下了36000法郎。