n.分,分钟,片刻,一瞬间,备忘录,笔记 vt.记录,摘录,测定时间 adj.微小的,详细的,仔细而准确的
名词:minuteness 动词过去式:minuted 过去分词:minuted 现在分词:minuting 第三人称单数:minutes
1 (a) [C] one sixtieth part of an hour, equal to
60 seconds 分（一小时的六十分之一, 等于60秒）
*It's ten minutes to/past six. 现在是差十分六点[六点过十分].
* I arrived a couple of minutes early/late. 我早[晚]到了两三分钟.
* My house is ten minutes (away) from (ie It takes ten minutes to drive, walk, etc from it to) the shops. 从我家到商业区（相去）有十分钟的路程.
* We caught the bus with only minutes to spare. 我们只差几分钟就赶不上公共汽车了. =>App
(b) [sing] very short time; moment 片刻; 瞬间; 一会儿
*It only takes a minute to make a salad. 做色拉用不了多少时间.
* Will you wait for me? I shan't be a minute. 等等我行吗? 我马上就好.
(c) [sing] exact point of time; instant 此时此刻; 立刻
*Stop it this minute! ie immediately 立即停止!
* At that very minute, Tom opened the door. 就在那时候, 汤姆打开了门.
2 [C] one sixtieth part of a degree, used in measuring angles 分（量度弧或角的单位, 六十分之一度）:
30 minutes (3730) 37度30分（37 30）.
3 [C] official note that records a decision or comment, or gives authority for sth to be done 正式记录; 备忘录
*make a minute of sth 记录某事物.
4 minutes [pl] brief summary or record of what is said and decided at a meeting, esp of a society or committee 会议记录
*We read (through) the minutes of the last meeting. 我们（从头到尾）把上次会议记录看了一遍.
* Who will take (ie make notes for) the minutes? 谁做记录?
5 (idm 习语) (at) any minute/moment (now) (infml 口) very shortly or soon 随时; 马上
*The leading cyclist will be coming round that corner any minute now! 为首的那个自行车手很快就要从那个转角处绕过来! in a `minute very soon 马上; 立刻
*Our guests will be here in a minute! 我们的客人马上就到! ,just a `minute (infml 口) wait for a short time (usu while the speaker says or does sth) 稍等片刻（通常说话人此时在说或做某事）
*Just a minute! Let me put your tie straight. 请等等! 我帮你正正领带. the last minute/moment => last1 ,not for a/one `minute/`moment (infml 口) not at all 一点儿也不; 从不; 根本不
*I never suspected for a minute that youwere married. 我万万没想到你已经结婚了. the minute/moment (that)... as soon as... 一...就...
*I want to see him the minute (that) he arrives. 他一来到我就要见他. there's one born every minute => born. to the `minute exactly 准时
*The train arrived at 9.05 to the minute. 火车在9时零5分准时到达. ,up to the `minute (infml 口)
(a) fashionable 最新的; 时髦的
*Her clothes are always right up to the minute. 她的衣着总是很入时.
* [attrib 作定语] an ,up-to-the-`minute look, dress, style, etc 时新的样式、连衣裙、款式等.
(b) having the latest information 有最新消息的
*[attrib 作定语] an ,up-to-the-minute `news bulletin, summary, etc 有最新消息的简报、总结等.
v [Tn] make a note of (sth) in an official memorandum; record (sth) in the minutes (minute1 4) 将（某事）载入备忘录或会议记录
*minute an action point, comment, etc 记录一行动要点、评语等
* Your suggestion will be minuted. 你的建议将记录在案.
/maɪ'nju:t; [US] -'nu:t; maɪ`nut/ adj (-r, -st)
1 very small in size or amount 极小的; 极少的
*minute particles of gold dust 金沙中的微粒
* water containing minute quantities of lead 含有微量铅的水.
2 very detailed; accurate or precise 极详细的; 准确的; 精确的
*a minute description, inquiry, examination, inspection, etc 详细的描述、调查、检查、视察等
* The detective studied the fingerprints in the minutest detail. 那侦探仔仔细细地研究了各个指纹.
1. But the satisfied customers — mostly women — didn't look like they could afford $3.99 a minute to talk to a psychic on the phone. 但是这些心满意足的客户--大部分是女性--看上去似乎不愿意支付每分钟3.99美元的电话费来和一个通灵大师在电话里聊天。
2. We want every minute to count. 我们应当让每一分钟都过得有意义。
3. There are 60 seconds in a minute. 一分钟有六十秒.
4. The big minute hand did not move. 那根巨大的分针不动了。
5. The river swarmed with piranha, the flesh-eating fish that hunted in packs and could easily strip a cow to its bare bones within a minute. 河里到处都是食肉鱼，这种食肉鱼成群结队觅食，不到一分钟就能把一头牛吃得只剩下一副骨架。
6. He looked ferocious, and for a minute I had a terrible misgiving. 他样子很凶恶, 我一时感到非常害怕。
7. Do not force all your studying into the last minute, and get a good night's sleep before a test. 不要逼着自己一直学习到考试前的最后一刻，在考试的前一天晚上要美美地睡上一觉。
8. "Just a minute," one said. 其中一个说:"稍等。"
9. "I liked him the minute I saw him!" “我一眼见他就喜欢上了他!”
10. Ann, his mom, is due back from her hair appointment any minute. 安，他的妈妈，随时可能从美发厅回来。