名词:resultfulness 形容词:resultful 动词过去式:resulted 过去分词:resulted 现在分词:resulting 第三人称单数:results
1 (a) [C, U] ~ (of sth) effect or outcome (of sth) 结果; 效果
*The flight was delayed as a result of fog. 因有雾该航班误点.
* His limp is the result of an accident. 他腿瘸是事故所致.
* (fml 文) I was late, with the result that (ie so that) I missed my train. 我迟到了, 没能赶上火车.
* All our hard work produced little or no result. 我们辛苦努力无甚结果.
* My investigations were without result. 我的调查毫无结果.
(b) results [pl] significant and pleasing outcome 成果; 成效
*That trainer knows how to get results from his horses. 那个驯马师掌握行之有效的驯马技巧.
* begin to show, produce,achieve results 开始显示、产生、获得成果.
(a) (esppl 尤作复数) ~ (of sth) statement of the score, marks or name of the winner in a sporting event or a competition or an examination, etc （运动、竞赛、考试等的）结果, 比分, 成绩, 优胜者
*`football, racing, etc results 足球比赛、速度竞赛等的结果
* have good/bad exam results 考试成绩优良[不佳]
* The result of the match was a draw. 比赛结果不分胜负.
* announce the results of an election 宣布选举结果.
(b) (esp sing 尤作单数) (Brit infml 口) (esp in football) win （尤指足球比赛）获胜, 赢
*We desperately need a result from this match. 这场比赛我们务必获胜.
3 [C] answer to a mathematical problem, etc found by calculation （数学问题等通过计算而获得的）答案.
1 [I, Ipr] ~ (from sth) occur as a result(1a) （因而）发生, 产生, 出现
*injuries resulting from a fall 因摔倒而受的伤.
2 (phr v) result in sth have a specified effect or consequence 产生某种作用或结果
*Our efforts resulted in success/failure. 我们的努力终于成功[失败]了.
* The talks resulted in reducing the number of missiles/missile reduction. 谈判结果削减了导弹数量.
1. Exercise can result in iron loss through a variety of mechanisms. 运动可能通过多种机制导致铁离子流失。
2. Both Plomin's and Benbow's findings would seem to give support to the argument that outstanding mental abilities are largely the result of genetics. 普罗明和班博的研究结果似乎都支持了出众的智力主要是遗传的结果这一论断。
3. What was the result of your deliberations? 你考虑的结果如何？
4. What is called ´modern civilization´ is not the result of a balanced development of all man´s nature, 所谓"现代文明"并不是人的天性平衡发展的结果，
5. When this division is taken to an extreme, unusual mathematical abilities result. 这种分工到了极致，就产生了不寻常的数学能力。
6. The result is still dubious. 结果仍令人怀疑。
7. The child´s bad behaviour is a result of emotional problems. 这孩子的不良行为是情绪问题导致的结果.
8. The project foundered as a result of lack of finance. 该项目因缺乏资金而告吹.
9. This is an inevitable result. 这是必然的结果。
10. The result is predictable. 结果是可想而知的。