名词:achiever 动词过去式:achieved 过去分词:achieved 现在分词:achieving 第三人称单数:achieves 形容词:achievable
1 gain or reach (sth), usu by effort, skill, courage, etc （通常藉努力, 技巧, 勇气等）获得或达到（某事物）
*achieve success, one's ambition, notoriety, peace of mind 获得成功, 实现抱负, 落得个臭名, 得到心情的平静.
2 get (sth) done; accomplish or complete 做成（某事物）; 实现; 完成
*I've achieved only half of what I'd hoped to do. 我希望做到的, 我仅完成了一半.
[Date: 1300-1400; Language: Old French;Origin: achever, from chief 'end, head']
to successfully complete something or get a good result, especially by working hard
Frances achieved very good exam results.
Wilson has achieved considerable success as an artist.
She eventually achieved her goal of becoming a professor.
to be successful in a particular kind of job or activity
We want all our students to achieve within their chosen profession.
1. Every child that is born into his group will share them with him, and no child born into one on the opposite side of the globe can ever achieve the thousandth part. 每一个和他诞生在同一个社团中的孩子和他一样具有相同的风俗；而在地球的另一边，诞生在另一个社团的孩子与他就是少有相同的风俗。
2. Even now I often achieve the unconscious Zora of that small village, Eatonville. 甚至现在我感觉自己还是在伊顿维尔小镇上的懵然无知的佐拉。
3. Thus, the direction of the meeting is a mutual attempt to reduce confrontation and achieve harmony. 因此，会晤所向是双方共同努力减少对峙，谋求和谐。
4. The Japanese business person works to achieve harmony, even if the deal falls through, and will spend whatever time is necessary to determine a "you to you" approach, communicating personal views only indirectly and delicately. 即使生意没做成，日本商人也力求和睦相处，愿花费必要的时间来确立"你对你"的交流方式，仅仅间接而巧妙地交换个人意见。
5. He suggests that people write down the six things in their lives that they feel are the most important things they'd like to achieve. 他建议人们写下他们觉得是自己生活中最重要的、最想做成的6件事。
6. You can do the same by setting aside time each day to dream with passion about what you want to achieve. 我们也可以这样做，每天留出时间来带着激情想像一番自己想要获得的成就。
7. Pickles! If one can make a fortune on that, well — it shouldn't be hard to achieve prosperity in this country. 泡菜！假如一个人能靠它发大财，那么在这个国家发财致富应该是不难的。
8. Most of us seldom achieve our creative potential but the reservoir of ideas hiding within every one of us can be unlocked. 我们中的大多数人很少能发挥自己的创造潜力，可蕴藏在我们每个人大脑里的思想宝库是能够被开启的。