n.圆周,圆形物,派系,循环 v.围,环绕 盘旋
名词:circler 动词过去式:circled 过去分词:circled 现在分词:circling 第三人称单数:circles
circ＝ring（环） 变化型 cyc
1 (round space enclosed by a) curved line every point on which is the same distance from the centre 圆周; 圆; 圆形空间
*Use your compasses to draw a circle. 用圆规画圆. =>App
5 见附录5. =>illus 见插图.
2 thing shaped like this; ring 圆形物; 环; 圈
*a circle of trees, hills, spectators 一圈树、小山、旁观者
* standing in a circle 站成一圈.
3 (US balcony) group of seats in curved and banked rows raised above the floor level of a theatre, cinema, concert-hall, etc 楼厅包厢（剧院、电影院、音乐厅等的半圆形楼座）
*We've booked seats in the circle. 我们预订了楼厅包厢的座位. =>illus at App
1 见附录1之插图, page ix.
4 group of people who are connected by having the same interests, profession, etc （有共同兴趣、职业等的人形成的）圈子, 阶层, 界
*be well known in business, political, theatrical, etc circles, ie among people connected with business, politics, the theatre, etc 在商、政、戏剧等界中知名
* move in fashionable circles 进入上层社会
* She has a large circle of friends. 她交游很广.
5 (idm 习语) come full circle => full. go round in `circles work busily at a task without making any progress 工作忙忙碌碌而无进展; 瞎忙. square the circle => square3. a vicious circle => vicious.
1 [I, Ipr, Ip] ~ (about/around/round) (over sb/sth) move in a circle, esp in the air 转圈（尤指在空中）; 盘旋; 环行
*vultures circling (round) over a dead animal 在死的动物上空盘旋的秃鹫.
(a) move in or form a circle round (sb/sth) 围绕（某人[某物]）转圈; 盘旋; 环行
*The plane circled the airport before landing. 飞机着陆前围绕机场盘旋.
* The moon circles the earth every
28 days. 月亮每28天绕地球一圈.
* a town circled by hills 群山环绕的城镇.
(b) draw a circle round (sth) 围绕（某物）画圈
*spelling mistakes circled in red ink 用红笔圈起的拼写错误.
1. Both men had just begun to swim towards the shore, when they noticed with dismay that the speedboat was moving in a circle. 两个人刚开始向岸边游去，就突然惊愕地发现快艇正在转着圈行驶，
2. When that side of the moon on which the sun is shining is facing us, we see a round shining circle — a full moon. 当月亮接受阳光照射的一面面向我们时，我们看到的是个发亮的圆盘——满月。
3. They had just had enough time to swim out of danger when the boat again completed a circle. 他们刚刚来得及游出危险区，快艇就又转完了一圈。
4. The pilot managed to circle the balloon for some time. 飞行员设法绕着气球飞了一阵。
5. Then we see just half of the circle shining. 那么，我们只看到圆月一半发亮，
6. At once the villagers formed a circle and started moving around me, dancing and singing to the music from a kora. 村民们立即围成一个圆圈，在我的周围转了起来，随着科拉琴的伴奏跳舞唱歌。
7. So one´s circle of friends grows. 朋友的圈子就这样不断扩大。
8. She then said, holding up first a square, a triangle, and then a circle. 她问，先举起一个正方形，然后是一个三角形，接着是个圆形。
9. Jeremy Hampden has a large circle of friends and is very popular at parties. 杰里米.汉普登交际甚广，是各种聚会上深受大家欢迎的人。
10. Use your compasses to draw a circle. 用圆规画圆.