1 (abbr 缩写 Dept) each of several divisions of a government, business, shop, university, etc （政府、企业、商店、大学等的）部, 司, 局, 处, 科, 部门, 系
*the Department of the Environment 环境部
* the Education Department 教育部
* the export sales department 出口销售部
* the men's clothing department 男装部.
2 area of activity or knowledge 活动范围; 知识领域
*Don't ask me about our finances
*that's my wife's department. 我们家的经济情况你别问我, 那是我妻子的事.
3 administrative district, eg in France 行政区, 省（如法国的）.
one of the groups of people who work together in a particular part of a large organization such as a hospital, university, company, or government
the personnel department
the English department
the Department of the Environment
an area in a large shop where a particular type of product is sold
the toy department
be sb's department
spoken if something is someone's department, they are responsible for it or know a lot about it
I'll see what I can do, but it's not really my department.
spoken a particular part of someone's character, or a particular part of a larger activity or subject
Dave was a little lacking in the trustworthiness department.
>departmental [,diːpɑːt'mentl (US) -ɑːr-/
1. But the biggest information gatherer of them all is the Department of Motor Vehicles (汽车管理部门), or DMV, of each state, according to Garfinkel. 不过据加芬克尔说，最大的信息收集机构还是各州的汽车管理部门，简称DMV。
2. What business is that of the Finance Department? 这和财政部的职责有什么相干？
3. The new manager was delegated to reorganize the department. 派这位新经理重新组织该部门.
4. To Mister Charles Jordan, the director of the Portland Parks and Recreation Department, it's just a beginning. 对波特兰市的公园和娱乐部部长查尔斯·乔丹先生来说，这仅仅是一个开头。
5. The London police commissioner publicly apologized for poorly supervising his department. 伦敦警署长官公开道歉自己对部门管理不善。
6. A box of pills, or a small jar of ointment, and the doctor in charge of the department is only too ready to provide them with these requirements. 负责门诊的医生也非常乐意为前来看病的人提供他们想要得到的药物，
7. Are there any department stores around where you live? 你住的附近有没有百货公司?
8. Are there any department stores around where you live? 你住的附近有没有百货公司?
9. And when he learned of my problems with the Citizenship Department, he immediately suspected that I was marrying his daughter in order to remain in the United States. 当他得知我在公民身份部门遇到的问题时, 就怀疑我是因为想留在美国而娶他的女儿的。
10. Among the many measures taken, Mr. Matsushita, the founder and then chairman, became the manager of the sales department. 在他们所采取的措施当中，有一项就是松下先生——公司的创始人和当时的董事长——调任销售部经理。