1 part of a surface or bodyor space with or without definite boundaries or characteristicfeatures 物体表面、身体或空间的部分（可有可无边缘或特徵）; 范围; 部位; 地方; 地区; 区域
*the Arctic, desert, tropical, etc regions 北极、沙漠、热带等地区
* the northernmost regions of England 英格兰的最北部地区
* pains in the abdominal region 腹部的疼痛.
2 administrative division of a country 行政区.
3 (idm 习语) in the region of sth approximately (a number, weight, price, etc) 大约（某数量、重量、价格等）
*earn (somewhere) in the region of
20000 a year 一年约挣
1300-1400; Language: Old French;Origin:Latin
regio, from regere; REGENT
a large area of a country or of the world, usually without exact limits
= area efforts to bring peace to the regionregion of the Choco region of Columbiacoastal/border/central etc region Flooding is likely in some coastal regions of the Northeast during the early part of the week.
a particular part of someone's body
= area the lower back regionregion of a region of the brain(somewhere) in the region of sth
used to describe an amount of time, money etc without being exact a grant somewhere in the region of £2,500the regionsBrE
the parts of a country that are away from the capital city a government policy to relocate jobs from the capital to the regions
1. Experts say the treaty could serve as a model for protecting other rivers in the region, including the Oder and Danube. 专家们说该条约可被视为保护该地区其它河流，包括奥德河和多瑙河在内，的典范。
2. This region is remarkable for its scenery. 这个地区享有风景独特的盛名。
3. They can survive in this region of little water, little shade, and high day-time temperature. 它们可以在这个缺水、少荫和白昼高温的地区生存。
4. The government promises it will protect the region’s native people, but questions remain as to its true level of commitment. 巴西政府承诺，将保护该地区的土著居民，但人们对这个承诺的可信度仍心存疑虑。
5. And the fact that they live in a region next to famous caves which contain vivid paintings from Europe's early humans, leads Cavalli-Sforza to the following conclusion: 他们居住的地区紧挨着发现早期欧洲人壁画的几个著名的洞穴的事实使卡瓦里-斯福尔扎得出这样的结论："
6. South of the equatorial region is the tree-dotted grassland called the savanna. 赤道地区以南是一片树木稀少的草原，称为热带草原。
7. On one occasion, when Cavalli-Sforza was taking blood samples from children in a rural region of Africa, he was confronted by an angry farmer waving an axe. 有一次在非洲乡下，正当卡瓦里-斯福尔扎要从儿童身上采血时，一个愤怒的农人手执斧头出现在他面前。
8. Last month, the company said it was having difficulty attracting people from the Paris region. 上个月，公司说现已难以吸引巴黎地区的游客。
9. It´s an autonomous region. 这是个自治区。
10. In a special series of treaties, Eastern European countries and other nations, including the United States, have set up special funds for environmental cleanups and improving the region’s power plants. 通过签订一系列专门性条约，东欧国家已与许多其它国家，包括美国，设立了用来净化环境和改善该地区发电厂的特别基金。