动词过去式:itemed 过去分词:itemed 现在分词:iteming 第三人称单数:items
1 single article or unit in a list, etc 条款; 项目
*the first item on the agenda 议事日程上的第一项
* number the items in a catalogue 给目录中各条目编号.
2 single piece of news 一则或一条新闻
*There's an important news item/item of news in today's paper. 今天报上有一则重要新闻.
adv (used to introduce each of several articles in a list 逐条列举时用以起首) also （还有）一项
*item, one chair; item, two carpets, etc 一项, 椅子一把; 还有一项, 地毯两张等.
[Date: 1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin:'in the same way, also' (used to introduce things in a list), from ita 'in this way']
a single thing, especially one thing in a list, group, or set of things
He opened the cardboard box and took out each item.
The store is having a sale on furniture and household items.
item on the agenda/list/menu
We went on to the next item on the agenda.
item of clothing/furniture/jewellery etc
(=a single piece of clothing, furniture, jewellery etc)
luxury items such as exotic spices and perfumes
The original 1965 bottle is now a collector's item (=one of a set of objects people like to collect because they are interesting or valuable) .
a single, usually short, piece of news in a newspaper or magazine, or on television
I also saw that news item in the Sunday Times.
be an iteminformal
if two people are an item, they are having a romantic or sexual relationship
1. What is the next item on the agenda? 议程表上的下一项是什麽?
2. With scarcely a glance at the items, the clerk sweeps them across an aperture, where a special marking on each item is scanned by a low-powered laser beam inside the machine, connected to a remote computer. 收款员几乎不看商品，只是把商品从机器上的孔眼处一扫而过，机器里的低能量激光对商品上的一个特殊标志进行扫描，这台扫描机与另一台电脑相联。
3. Within seconds, a small display unit on the checker´s right shows the name and price of the item; at the same time this information is printed on a strip of paper. 瞬间功夫，在收款员右手的一个小型显示器上就显示出商品名称、价格，同时这些信息就印在了一张长纸条上。
4. The UPC is printed by the manufacturer on each grocery item — a set of thin and thick vertical stripes accompanied by a series of numbers under the stripes and a zero, centered to the left of them. 条形码由厂家印在每一食品上——这是一组粗细不同、垂直排列的线条，线条下方有一组数字，左边有一个“0”字。
5. The first five digits of the other numbers designate the manufacturer and the second series of digits identifies the particular item. 条形码上的前五个数代表厂家，后面的其它数字是商品代号。
6. This strip of paper will eventually list everything that the shopper has bought, what each item cost, the total price, the tax, how much money the shopper gave the checker, whether it was cash or a check, and the amount of change the shopper is to re 这一纸条最终会列出顾客买的每件物品，物品单价、总额、应付税额、顾客实交数额、是现金还是支票、应找回数额。
7. And it occurred to me that I could not be the only person in the world for whom they were an item of imagination. 而且我还突然想到我不可能是这个世界上唯一把这些地方看作想象中的事物的人。
8. As the grocery items moves along the conveyor belt, the checker passes each item over a glass plate in the counter top, making sure that the UPC symbols can be read by the laser beam under the glass. 食品杂货经传送带传到收款员跟前，收款员随即将每一物品搁在柜台上的一块玻璃板上一扫，好使板下的扫描机阅读条形码。
9. Since the cashier no longer has to worry about the trying business of punching in each item, the groceries are scanned and bagged rapidly. 因为收款员不再费事在每一物品上敲上价格，食品被扫描装袋的速度很快。
10. Gone is the time-consuming stamping of prices on each item. 往每件商品上打价格的费时劳务从此结束了。