ducc＝to lead（领导） 变化型 duct
1 [U] action of manufacturing, extracting, etc, esp in large quantities 制造, 生产（尤指大批量）
*oil production 采油
* Production of the new aircraft will start next year. 明年开始制造新型的飞机.
* Production must become more efficient. 必须提高生产效率.
* mass (ie very large-scale) production 大量生产
* Defects in design cannot be put right during production. 设计上的缺陷是无法在生产过程中加以纠正的.
* He has moved from acting to film production. 他由演员变成了制片人.
* [attrib 作定语] production costs, managers, processes, schedules, difficulties 生产的成本、生产经理、生产过程、生产计画、生产的难题.
2 [U] quantity produced 产量
*increase production by using more efficient methods 采用更有效的方法提高产量
* a fall/increase in production 产量的减少[增加].
3 [C] thing that has been produced, esp a play, film, etc 推出的作品（尤指戏剧、影片等）
*They saw several National Theatre productions. 他们看了国家剧院上演的几出戏.
* `King Lear' in a controversial new production 可能引起争论的新剧《李尔王》.
4 (idm 习语) go ,into/,out of pro`duction start/stop being manufactured 投产[停产]
*The system will have to be tested before it goes into production. 这套装置必须经过试验之後才能投产.
* That car went out of production five years ago. 那种汽车已经停产五年了. in pro`duction being manufactured (in large quantities) 在（大量）生产中
*The device will be in production by the end of the year. 该装置将于年底投入生产. on production of sth by/when showing sth 通过[一经]出示某物
*On production of your membership card, you will receive a discount on purchases. 持会员证购物可享受折扣优待.
the process of making or growing things to be sold, especially in large quantities
, product productproduction of the production of consumer goodsfood/oil/milk etc production agricultural production and distributionproduction costs/facilities/processes etc high-tech production methodsbe in production
(=being produced) By September, the new motors were in production.go into/out of production
(=begin to be produced in large numbers, or stop being produced) The new model will go into production next year.[U]
the amount of goods that are made or grownincrease/rise/fall etc in production a drop in oil and gas productionproduction levels/targets etc[U]
when something is produced through a natural processproduction of the skin's natural production of oil [U and C]
a play, film, broadcast etc that is produced for the public, or the process of producing it the new Shakespeare production at the Arts Theatre In 1992, Green moved into video production.on/upon (the) production of sthformal
when you show something Entrance is only permitted on production of a ticket.
1. They set a target for production. 他们为生产制定了一个指标。
2. The unconscious is certainly the source of instinctive activity. But in creative thought the unconscious is responsible for the production of new organized forms from relatively disorganized elements. 潜意识无疑是本能活动的源泉。不过，在创造性思维过程中，正是潜意识使得相对无序的成分变成新的有序形式。
3. The production of grain seems to be decreasing mainly because of climate changes. 粮食产量似乎正在减少，这主要是由于气候的变化。
4. The theme park itself will be only part of a giant complex of housing, office, and resort developments stretching far into the next century, including movie and television production facilities. 主题公园本身只不过是这一巨大综合项目的一部分。综合项目包括住房、办公楼，以及将一直延续到下一世纪、包括影视拍摄设施在内的度假胜地开发。
5. He plays an important role in developing production. 他在发展生产方面发挥了重要作用。
6. All the production teams joined up to improve the irrigation network of the commune. 所有的生产队都联合起来共同改进公社的灌溉网。
7. Automobile production is down; bicycle production is up. Crowded highways, high gasoline costs, and ease of bicycling are three reasons for this change. 汽车产量在下降，自行车产量在上升。导致这一变化的三个原因是：拥挤不堪的高速公路、价格昂贵的汽油以及方便自如的自行车出行。
8. Although agricultural production can be increased by use of machinery such as tractors and the addition of fertilizer, the land ultimately can produce only so much food and no more. 虽然使用拖拉机等机械以及施用化肥可以提高农业产量，但是土地最终所能产出的粮食只有那么多，不会再增加。
9. And the production of recycled items, like the production of any other form of manufactured goods, requires energy and other resources while creating pollution. 而且生产回收利用的产品，就像生产其他各类产品一样，需要能源和其他资源，同时还造成了污染。
10. Since the adoption of the new working method , production has gone up. 自从采用了新的工作方法，产量提高了。