n.交易,(政治上的)密约,待遇,份量,<口>买卖 vi.处理,应付,做生意 vt.分配,分给(out),发牌,给予
动词过去式:dealt 过去分词:dealt 现在分词:dealing 第三人称单数:deals
n [U] (esp Brit) (planks of) fir or pine wood 冷杉木或松木（的板）
*made of white deal 白松木制的
* [attrib 作定语] a deal table, floor, etc 杉木桌、地板等.
n (idm 习语) a good/great deal (of sth) much; a lot 很多; 大量
*spend a good deal of money 花很多的钱
* take a great deal of trouble 费很大的事
* be a great deal better 好多了
* see sb a great deal, ie often 常见某人.
v (pt, pp dealt/ delt; dZlt/)
1 [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.p, Dn.n, Dn.pr] ~ sth (out); ~ sth (to sb) distribute (cards) in a game （纸牌戏中）发（牌）
*Whose turn is it to deal (the cards)? 该谁发（牌）了?
* She dealt me four cards. 她发给我四张牌.
2 (idm 习语) deal sb/sth a `blow; deal a blow to sb/sth (fml 文)
(a) hit sb/sth 打击某人[某事物]
*She dealt him a tremendous blow with the poker. 她用拨火棒重重地打了他一下.
(b) cause sb a setback, shock, etc 使某人受到挫折、震惊等
*Her death dealt us a terrible blow. 她一死对我们打击很大. deal well, badly, etc by/with sb (dated or fml 旧或文) treat sb well, etc 对某人好、坏等
*He has always dealt well by me. 他一贯对我很好.
* You've been badly dealt with. 你一直受到虐待. wheel and deal => wheel.
3 (phr v) deal in sth
(a) sell sth; trade in sth 卖某物; 经营某物
*My bank deals in stocks and shares now. 我们银行现在经营债券与股票.
* We deal in hardware but not software. 我们只经营硬件而不经营软件.
(b) (derog 贬) concern oneself with sth; indulge in sth 忙于某事物; 沉溺于某事物
*deal in gossip and slander, ie make a habit of gossiping about and slandering people 惯于搬弄是非和诽谤别人. deal sb in give cards to (a new player in a game) （纸牌戏中）发牌（给新参加者）. deal sth out give sth out to a number of people; distribute sth 将某物分发给一些人; 分发某物
*The profits will be dealt out among the investors. 红利将分发给投资者.
* The judge dealt out harsh sentences to the rioters. 法官对暴乱者处以严刑. deal with sb tackle the problem or task set by sb; behave towards sb 处理某人所提出的问题或任务; 对待、对付某人
*How would you deal with an armed burglar? 你怎样对付闯进来的持有武器的强盗?
* They try to deal politely with angry customers. 他们尽量对发怒的顾客彬彬有礼. deal with sb/sth have social, business, etc relations with sb 与某人有社交、商业等关系
*I hate dealing with large impersonal companies. 我讨厌与那些没有人情味的大公司打交道.
* We don't deal with (ie negotiate with) terrorists. 我们不与恐怖分子打交道. deal with sth
(a) attend to (a problem, task, etc); manage sth 处理（问题、任务等）; 料理某事
*You dealt with an awkward situation very tactfully. 你很巧妙地处理了一个困难的局面.
* Haven't you dealt with (ie replied to) that letter yet? 那封信你答覆了吗?
(b) take or have sth as a subject; discuss sth 以某事物作为内容; 讨论某事物
*The next chapter deals with verbs. 下一章讨论动词.
* I'll deal with decimals in the next lesson. 下一堂课我要讲小数.
1 agreement, esp in business, on certain terms for buying or doing sth 协议; （尤指）交易
*to make/conclude/close/finalize a deal (with sb) （与某人）达成一笔交易
* We did a deal with the management on overtime. 在加班问题上我们与管理部门达成一项协议.
* They both wanted to use the car, so they did a deal, ie reached a compromise. 他们双方都想用这辆汽车, 因而达成了折衷的协议.
* It's a deal! ie I agree to your terms. 我同意你的条件.
* The deal fell through, ie No agreement was reached. 交易告吹.
2 (in games) distribution of playing-cards （纸牌戏中）发牌
*After the deal, play begins. 发完牌之後, 纸牌游戏即开始.
* It's your deal, ie your turn to deal the cards. 该你发牌了.
3 (idm 习语) big deal! => big. a fair/square `deal fair treatment in a bargain 公平交易
*We offer you a fair deal on furniture, ie We sell it at fair prices. 我们卖家具价钱公道. make the best of a bad deal => best3. a new deal => new. a raw/rough `deal (infml 口) unfair treatment 不公平的待遇
*If she lost her job for being late once, she got a pretty raw deal. 她若只因迟到一次就失去了工作, 这样对她未免太不公平了.
1. Every other school was, 'Get out, we don't want to deal with you. 'I came here and they said, 其他每所学校都会说：'滚出去！我们这儿不要你。'我来到这儿，他们却说：
2. We lost a great deal of customer when that new shop opened. 那家新店开张后, 我们失去了很多顾客.
3. We need a diplomat to deal with these problems. 我们需要一个外交家来处理这些问题。
4. When you come to think about it, there are only four ways you can deal with rubbish: 当我们开始考虑垃圾问题时，我们只有4种对付垃圾的方法：
5. We communicate a great deal, researchers have found, with our bodies — by the way we move, sit, stand and what we do with our hands and heads. 研究者发现，我们用形体进行着大量的交流 -- 通过我们移动、坐和站的方式，以及我们的手和头的动作。
6. We had a great deal in common, but his profession was very different from mine. 我们有许多共同点，但他的职业与我的却大相径庭。
7. The public bet a great deal of money on Mendoza, but he was defeated. 公众为门杜萨下了大笔赌注，可是他被击败了。
8. The washing machine has emancipated housewives from a great deal of drudgery. 洗衣机已经为家庭主妇们解除了一大堆辛苦的工作。
9. There was also a great deal of machinery on display. 还展出了许多机器.
10. The public bet a great deal of money on Mendoza, but he was defeated. 公众把大笔赌注下到了门多萨身上，但他却输了。