n.移动,迁居,步骤 vt.移动,感动,鼓动 vi.移动,离开,运行,迁移,搬家
动词过去式:moved 过去分词:moved 现在分词:moving 第三人称单数:moves
1 change of place or position 地点或位置的变动
*She sat in the corner, watching my every move. 她坐在角落里注视着我的一举一动.
* `One false move and you're dead!' he said, pointing a gun at me.｀你乱动一下, 就要你的命!＇他用枪对准我说.
2 ~ (from...) (to/into...) action or process of changing the place where one lives, works, etc 迁移; 迁居; 变动
*a move from the town into the country 从市区到乡间的迁移
* a move to a new job/office 转至新的工作[办公室]
* The move took six hours with a team of three men. 搬迁用了三个人六小时.
3 (a) act of changing the position of a piece in chess or other board game （下棋的）步, 着
*Do you know all the possible moves in chess? 国际象棋的各种走法你都会吗?
(b) player's turn to do this （轮到的）一步, 一着
*Whose move is it? 该谁走了?
4 ~ (towards sth/to do sth) action (to be) done to achieve a purpose 步骤; 行动
*We've tried peaceful persuasion; what's our next move? 我们已经试过了平心静气的说服方法, 下一步怎么办呢?
* The government's announcement is seen as a move towards settling the strike. 政府的通告已视为迈向解决罢工问题的一步.
* In a move to restrict imports, the government raised custom duties. 政府在限制进口的措施中提高了关税.
5 (idm 习语) a false move => false. get a `move on (infml 口) hurry up 赶快; 加紧. make a `move
(a) set off on a journey; leave 出发; 起程; 动身
*It's getting dark; we'd better make a move. 天越来越黑了, 我们最好动身吧.
(b) take action 采取行动
*We're waiting to see what our competitors do before we make a move. 我们先等着看看竞争对手怎么办再说. on the `move moving 在移动中
*The army is on the move. 军队在移动.
* Don't jump off a train when it's on the move. 火车未停稳时万勿跳下.
1. End of story: The move is finally over. Everything's in boxes. My office is completely without organization. I feel at home. 故事结尾：家终于搬完了。东西都装在箱子里。我的办公室全然杂乱无序。可我还是觉得松了一口气。
2. Eventually I acquired just enough control to move over to the exit platform. 最后，我总算掌握了一点控制要领，移到了退场的平台上。
3. Ben was watching every move and getting more and more interested. 本注视着他的一举一动，变得越来越感兴趣。
4. But dependent children can't just be left behind when it's time to move on to a new relationship: 但在建立新关系的同时不能不考虑尚未独立的孩子。
5. Before long, the two wanted to live together again. Sarah's roommate eventually agreed to move out. 不久两人又想住在一起了，而萨拉的室友最终也同意搬出。
6. But then we move on to the next stage of the training, where some of the problems which actually crop up on the street are imitated. 然后进入训练的下一步：模拟在街道上实际会出现的一些问题。
7. We could use pulleys to move the huge stone. 我们可以用滑轮来搬动这块大石头。
8. In actuality waves move through the water leaving the water about where it was. 而实际上，浪从水中移过，而水则留在原处。
9. When will the new people move into this house? 新住户什么时候搬进这所房子？
10. We communicate a great deal, researchers have found, with our bodies — by the way we move, sit, stand and what we do with our hands and heads. 研究者发现，我们用形体进行着大量的交流 -- 通过我们移动、坐和站的方式，以及我们的手和头的动作。