n.云,烟云,(pl.)天空,污点 vt.以云遮敝,玷污,使黯然 vi.乌云密布,阴沉
形容词:cloudless 动词过去式:clouded 过去分词:clouded 现在分词:clouding 第三人称单数:clouds
1 [C, U] (separate mass of) visible water vapour floating in the sky 云
*black clouds appearing from the west 西方出现的乌云
* There wasn't a cloud in the sky. 天空无云.
* The top of the mountain was covered in cloud. 浮云遮盖着山顶.
(a) mass of smoke, dust, sand, etc in the air 空中的烟、尘、沙等的）团.
(b) mass of insects moving together in the sky （天空中昆虫的）群
*a cloud of locusts 一群飞蝗.
3 [C] blurred patch in a liquid or on a transparent object （液体或透明物体中的）混浊斑.
4 [C] (fig 比喻) thing that causes unhappiness, uncertainty, etc 造成不愉快、不明朗等的事物
*A cloud of suspicion is hanging over him. 有一团疑云笼罩着他.
* Her arrival cast a cloud (of gloom) over the party. 她一来给聚会蒙上了一层阴影.
5 (idm 习语) every cloud has a silver `lining (saying 谚) there is always a comforting or more hopeful side to a sad or difficult situation 乌云背後总有一线光芒（在逆境中总有值得宽慰的或有希望的一面）. have one's head in the clouds => head1. on cloud `nine (infml 口) extremely happy 极快乐
*He was on cloud nine after winning the competition. 他在比赛获胜後欣喜若狂. under a `cloud in disgrace or under suspicion 失体面; 受怀疑.
1 [I, Tn] (cause sth to) become dull, unclear or indistinct （使某事物）变得阴沉暗淡不清楚、不明朗或不清晰
*Her eyes clouded with tears. 她泪眼模糊.
* Tears clouded her eyes. 眼泪使她的眼晴朦胧不清.
* Steam clouded the mirror, ie covered it with condensation. 蒸气把镜子弄得馍糊不清.
* (fig 比喻) Old age has clouded his judgement. 他年事已高, 判断力减弱了.
* Don't cloud the issue, ie Don't make it unnecessarily complicated. 不要把问题搞得复杂化.
2 [I, Ip] ~ (over) (of sb's face) show sadness or worry （指某人的脸）显得阴沉或忧伤
*His face clouded (over) when he heard the news. 他听到这一消息, 脸就沉了下来.
3 [Tn] spoil (sth); threaten 毁坏（某事物）; 威胁
*cloud sb's enjoyment, happiness, etc 冲淡了某人的兴致、欢乐等
* I hope this disagreement won't cloud our friendship. 我希望这一分歧不会影响我们的友谊.
4 (phr v) cloud `over (of the sky) become covered with clouds （指天空）布满了云.
1. Every cloud has a silver lining. 祸中有福。
2. The cloud formation covered the sun. 云层遮住了太阳。
3. The cloud is low. 云很低.
4. The sun was peering from behind a cloud. 太阳从白云后出现。
5. The Earth was formed about five billion years ago from a rotating, circular cloud of dust and gases such as hydrogen and nitrogen. 地球的形成约在50亿年前，起源于一团循环旋转的尘埃和诸如氢、氧之类的气体。
6. A lone cloud floated in the blue sky. 一缕孤云在蓝天中飘流。
7. A cloud is a mass of vapor in the sky. 云由一堆积聚在空中的水蒸汽形成。
8. As she emerged from her drifting cloud of gun smoke with the water churned to foam beneath her bow, her flags flying, pennants waving, sails filling in the breeze, and the red and gold of her superstructure ablaze with colour, 当"瓦萨"号从弥漫的礼炮烟云中出现时，船头下浪花四溅，舰旗迎风招展，三角旗随风飘动，微风鼓起风帆，金碧辉煌的船楼闪耀着灿烂的色彩。
9. You can enjoy the extraordinary sight of unbroken cloud plains that stretch out for miles before you, while the sun shines brilliantly in a clear sky. 你可以观赏一下展现在你面前的、一望数英里的、连绵不断的云海，同时阳光灿烂，天空清澈明朗。
10. If the landscape is hidden from view , you can enjoy the extraordinary sight of unbroken cloud plains . 如果这种景致被遮挡了，你可以欣赏连绵不断的云海这种超凡景象了。