动词过去式:tempered 过去分词:tempered 现在分词:tempering 第三人称单数:tempers 形容词:temperable 名词:temperability
1 (a) [C] state of the mind as regards anger or calmness 心情; 心境; 脾气; 性情
*in a bad/good temper, ie angry/amiable 心情坏[好].
(b) [C, U] tendency to become angry easily 脾气; 容易发怒的性情
*learn to control one's temper 学会忍住脾气
* have a (short/quick/nasty) temper 脾气急[暴/坏]
* fly into a temper 发怒
* a fit of temper 发脾气.
2 [U] degree of hardness and elasticity of a tempered metal （金属回火後的）硬度和弹性.
3 (idm 习语) in a (bad, foul, rotten, etc) `temper angry 发怒; 发脾气. keep/lose one's `temper succeed/fail in controlling one's anger 忍住[发]脾气.
1 [Tn] bring (metal) to the required degree of hardness and elasticity by heating and then cooling 使（金属）回火
*tempered steel 回火钢.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (with sth) moderate or soften the effects of sth; mitigate sth 调和或减轻某事物的作用; 使某事缓和
*temper justice with mercy, ie be merciful when punishing sb justly 法外施恩（惩罚某人时公正而仁慈）.
1. The old man has an explosive temper. 这个老人的脾气很暴躁。
2. The workmen struggled fiercely and one of them lost his temper. 工人凶猛抗争，其中一人发了火。
3. The workmen struggled fiercely and one of them lost his temper. 两个工人奋力抗争，其中一个发了火，
4. This time, the policeman lost his temper. 这一次警察火了。
5. Her irascible temper frightened me. 她那火暴的脾气使我害怕。
6. You must be a saint to be able to stand his temper! 能受得了他的脾气, 一定得非常有涵养!
7. I had all the usual symptoms of someone giving up smoking: a bad temper and an enormous appetite. 戒烟者通常具有的所有症状我都占全了：脾气暴躁，食欲旺盛。
8. I had all the usual symptoms of someone giving up smoking: a bad temper and an enormous appetite. 我具备了戒烟者通常表现出来的所有症状：脾气暴躁和食欲旺盛。