名词:fashioner 动词过去式:fashioned 过去分词:fashioned 现在分词:fashioning 第三人称单数:fashions
1 [sing] manner or way of doing sth 样子; 方式
*He walks in a peculiar fashion. 他走路的样子很怪.
2 [C, U] popular style (of clothes, behaviour, etc) at a given time or place 流行的式样; 时尚; 风尚; 风气
*dressed in the latest fashion 穿着入时的
* Fashions in art and literature are changing constantly. 文艺的潮流总是日新月异.
* [attrib 作定语] a fashion show 时装表演
* fashion magazines 时装杂志.
3 (idm 习语) after a `fashion to a certain extent, but not satisfactorily 达到一定程度（但尚未令人满意）
*I can play the piano after a fashion. 我多少会弹点钢琴. after/in the fashion of sb (fml 文) like sb; imitating the style of sb 像某人一样; 模仿某人的风格
*She paints in the fashion of Picasso. 她模仿毕加索的绘画风格. (be) all the `fashion/`rage (be) the latest style or trend 流行（起来）; （成为）时尚
*Suddenly, collecting antiques is all the fashion. 收集古董突然盛行起来. come into/be in `fashion become/be popular 流行; 入时
*Long skirts have come into fashion again. Faded jeans are still in fashion too. 长裙子又流行起来. 漂浅的牛仔裤也还很时髦. go/be out of fashion become/be unpopular as a style 不再流行; 过时.
v [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ A from B/B into A give form or shape to sth; design or make sth 将某物做成某形状; 设计或制造某物
*fashion a doll (from a piece of wood) （用木块）做成玩具娃娃
* fashion a lump of clay into a bowl 把黏土制成碗.
1. But they´re not in fashion this year. 而今年已不流行了。
2. They were in fashion last year and the year before last. 这鞋在去年和前年时兴，
3. These shoes are in fashion now. 现在流行的是这种鞋子。
4. However, a new type of humour, which stems largely from the U.S., has recently come into fashion. 然而，近来一种新式幽默流行了起来，这种幽默主要来自美国。
5. Salesman: I´m afraid that I can´t. They were in fashion last year and the year before last. 售货员: 恐怕不行. 这鞋去年和前年兴.
6. Short skirts are in fashion now. 短裙现在很流行。
7. Physical fitness and healthy lifestyles have changed from fashion and hobby for a few to official policy for many businesses and governments. 健美和健康的生活方式已从属于少数人的时尚和爱好变为许多企业和政府的官方政策。
8. Is this fashion still prevailing? 这个服装样式还流行吗?
9. Fashion culture controlled by models leads us to offer our toes and our check books to satisfy some men's idea of sexy (性感的) shoes. 由模特儿控制的时装文化引导我们心甘情愿地把我们的脚趾和支票本奉献出来，去满足某些男人关于性感鞋子的想法。