名词:positioner 动词过去式:positioned 过去分词:positioned 现在分词:positioning 第三人称单数:positions 副词:positionally 形容词:positional
pos＝to place,to put（置,放）
1 [C] place where sb/sth is 位置; 方位
*From his position on the cliff top, he had a good view of the harbour. 他位于悬崖顶上, 海湾看得清清楚楚.
* fix a ship's position, ie by observing the sun or stars 确定船只的方位（藉观察太阳或星体）
* We were sitting in a draughty position near the door. 我们坐在门边有穿堂风经过的地方.
* The troops stormed the enemy position, ie where the enemy had placed soldiers and guns. 部队向敌人的阵地发起了猛攻.
2 [U] state of being advantageously placed (eg in a competition or a war) 有利的状况（如竞争中或战争中的）
*Several candidates had been manoeuvring for position long before the leadership became vacant. 领导职位尚未空缺, 几个竞争者早就在为向上爬而钩心斗角了.
3 [C, U] way in which sb/sth is placed or arranged; attitude or posture 某人[某物]所处的或被安置的方式; 姿态; 姿势
*sit/lie in a comfortable position 舒舒服服地坐[躺]着
* in an upright, a horizontal, etc position 以垂直、水平等方式
* They had to stand for hours without changing position. 他们得一动不动地站几个小时.
4 [C] ~ (on sth) view or opinion held by sb 看法; 观点
*The candidates had to state their position on unilateral disarmament. 候选人须 表明他们对单方面裁军所持的立场.
* She has made her position very clear. 她已明确阐述了自己的观点.
5 [C esp sing 尤作单数] situation or circumstances, esp when they affect one's power to act 处境, 情势（尤指影响自己的行动能力者）
*Their failure to come to a decision put her in an impossible position. 他们未能做出决定, 这使她进退无门.
* He was in the unenviable position of having to choose between imprisonment or exile. 他已陷于进退维谷的地步, 不是坐牢就是流放, 必须在两者间做出抉择.
* What would you do in my position? 你处在我的地位, 你怎样做呢?
* I am not in a position (ie I am unable) to help you. 我没有能力帮助你.
* The economic position of the country is disastrous. 国家的经济形势非常糟糕.
6 (a) [C] place or rank in relation to others （相对于他人的）地位, 等级
*a high/low position in society 高的[低的]社会地位
* `What is his position in class?' `He's third from the top.' ｀他在班上得第几名?＇｀第三名.＇
(b) [U] high rank or status 高的等级或地位
*people of position 上层人士
* Wealth and position were not important to her. 财富和地位她都不放在心上.
7 [C] (fml 文) paid employment; job （有报酬的）职位; 工作
*a position in/with a big company 在一家大公司中的职务
* He applied for the position of assistant manager. 他申请副经理一职.
* She had worked for the firm for twenty years and was in a position of trust. 她为这家公司工作了二十年, 因而被委以重任.
8 [C] (sport 体) (in team games) function and/or part of the playing area assigned to a player （队际竞技活动中）某一队员的职责和[或]位置
*`What position does he play?' `Centre-forward.'｀他在比赛中在什么位置?＇｀中锋.＇
9 (idm 习语) in a false position => false. in/into position in/into the right or proper place 在[进入]适当的位置; 在位; 就位; 到位
*The orchestra were all in position, waiting for the conductor. 管弦乐队队员都已各就各位, 等待着指挥.
* The runners got into position on the starting line. 赛跑运动员已进入起跑线上的位置. out of po`sition not at the right place 不在适当的位置上
*The chairs are all out of position. 椅子全都放得不是地方.
1 place (sth) in (a certain) position 将（某物）放在（某一）位置上
*position the aerial for the best reception 把天线安装在接收效果最好的位置上
* She positioned herself near the warm fire. 她待在温暖的炉子的旁边.
2 find or mark the position of (sth); locate 找出或标出（某物）的位置; 定位
*They were able to position the yacht by means of radar. 他们能够用雷达测定快艇的方位.
The balance of purchases and sales in a given financial instrument for a given maturity.
1. But they´re decided on the basis of a person´s position and seniority. 但是薪水的高低是根据一个人的职位和资历决定的.
2. Before I knew it, though, I slipped into the nanny position almost full time. 然而不知不觉中，我几乎当起了全职保姆。
3. This gives the muscles of your lens and iris a chance to shift position. 这就给你眼球的晶体肌和虹膜肌有换位置的机会。
4. This gives the muscles of your lens and iris a chance to shift position. 这就给你眼球的晶体肌和虹膜肌有换位置的机会。
5. The huge machine was moved to its new position on rollers. 那台巨型机器用滚柱移到了新的地方.
6. The robbers grasped the peril of their position and scuttled away . 抢劫者知道他们处境的危险，于是很快地逃走了。
7. The troops took up their position on the hill. 军队在山上布好阵势。
8. This may be illustrated by comparing the position of a nation with that of a private business enterprise. 把国家的状况同私人企业的状况加以比较，就可以看清这个问题。
9. This position gives off "stay away" signs and prevents your main "sign sender" (your mouth) from being seen by others looking for inviting conversational signs. 这个姿势发出的信号是“离远点”，使得别人看不见你的主要“信号发送器(嘴)”，而他们正在寻找吸引其交谈的信号。
10. The open body position is most effective when you place yourself within communicating distance of the other person — that is, within about five feet. 当你处于与他人交流的距离-即约五英尺以内时，采取开放的身体姿势，效果最佳。